Getting less download speeds in torrents?

but do have to keep the ports open all the time or only when i am downloading at night??????

since u r on 2mbps night unlimited plan ,you are having a dynamic ip.u have to forward the required port every night.so do it after 12 and do not disconnect your modem before 8am.because every time u disconnect your modem, u have to forward the requred port again.

Hmm...why to do port forwarding every night..u do it once and leave it like that na( port open)...whats wrong wid that??😕😕

that's because everytime u disconnect ur router the port forward settings are lost.if u have a static ip (which is only given to users of unlimited plan) then u dont have to do it everytime.however, even dynamic ip users can change their ip to static type.I have not changed my ip to static as i feel dynamic ip works just fine for me.btw, it only takes about 2 mins to forward ports.so i prefer doing it everynight.

^ the WAN ip gets renewed every time you reboot the router. but your LAN ip remains the same. the router itself will have its own LAN ip and your computer will also have its own LAN ip in the same range as that of the router. these LAN ips are static. so there is no need to keep forwarding your ports everyday.

well, i have to do it (port forwarding) every night because everytime i disconnect (adsl power off) my router the port forward settings are lost.I am providing a link below to make you people understand why you have to forward ports everytime you start your router (if u have a dynamic ip).Read it plz.

If u dont wish to do it everynight, then assign a static ip first.

PortForward.com Forum

hey buddy!! even im on dynamic ip and also i use torrents and i had done port forwarding just once...still my port is open

no i have not.i know i m using dynamic ip and i wish to continue with it.i have to open my utorrent port every night and i have no problem doing that. i was just replying to harsh who wanted to know about how to forward ports on dsl 502t router.i guess my guidelines have come in handy. harsh,assign your computer a static ip first before opening ports.otherwise you will have to do it every night.

^ read my earlier post carefully. i mentioned that your computer and router have a local LAN ip which are static. the router also has a WAN ip which is dynamic. this WAN ip is the ip with which you access the internet.now port forwarding is not done on this WAN ip. it is done on the local LAN ip of your computer. you can set a static ip in the LAN properties irrespective of your WAN ip being dynamic or static.then follow the steps on portforward.com to forward the ports properly.also regarding your port forward settings not being saved, you might not be clicking on the 'Save and reboot' button. you have to click on this in order to save the settings so you dont have to do it everyday.

i just apply the settings and then logout.i never save and reboot.but now i know what to do.thanks for the help man.