Getting gud torrent speeds.

ISP
Sify
Hi,let me explain a bit of tech behind this thing.Sify is not restricting bandwidth between two systems under same switch, so If two are more systems under same switch tried to download a same torrent file they they get very good speeds.Recently I tried to download a Linux CD image around 700mb, and to my surprise I was able to download the file within 20 mins with the speed range of 512KBPS to 6MBPS (Not bits people they are bytes).So, If you got a sify neighbour. if he/she is under same switch, go to them with some sweets. ;-)I am not sure about whether this kind of traffic is counted in download limit plans.:thumbsup:

well gtalk would move the files at network speeds if two guys are sharing files on the same network. same applies to sify and other lan based networks. it's a lan... not sure if the torrent data in this case would be added to your bandwidth.

in past few versions of Azureus there is a LAN peer finding plugin. So due to this plugin you will get those LAN speeds if someone on your LAN is also downloading the same torrent.

That night I used utorrent. I was just lucky, I guess.In azureus there are LAN peer plugns, and also u can manually add new peers.I think you don't need to worry about this stuff, If you have enabled DHT in first place.

hey cool dude.. u made me smile, i'm on top floor and a guy at ground floor have same sify plans..may be its the same switch.. do we go ahead? i need more detailed help from u.. i use bitcomethey sushubh.. what is gtalk??

umm google talk. most file sharing services would tend to pick up people on your local network and give you lan speeds...

@polo98if u both r in the same building then there is a good chance u will also b on the same network... u can swap files directly

@teamare2006256kbps Unlimited. Planning to change ISP soon.@polo98Working with torrents are relatively easy once you know how they work.I know about BitComet but I recommend either utorrent or Azureus as BitComet is banned on some torrent trackers.

you guys basically want to say that if one of my friend is under same switch, i can d/w file from him on very high. How this can be done and how do i know whether we are under same switch

If you and your friend are under same switch then mostly last number in your ip address changes.For eg:a.b.c.dwhere a,b,c in ip adress will be same for you and your friend and only last d changes.I hope it helps.

can any one please tell me whats the download speed you are getting on link-removed or link-removed with Sify 256 Unlimited Plan

can any one please tell me whats the download speed you are getting on link-removed or link-removed with Sify 256 Unlimited Plan

29 ..kbps

If you and your friend are under same switch then mostly last number in your ip address changes.

For eg:
a.b.c.d
where a,b,c in ip adress will be same for you and your friend and only last d changes.

I hope it helps.

ya thats nearly same..he uses a utorrent and i use bitcomet..wud it work..? we added 3 movies norbit,smiking aces n the metador 1 hour agoo..still 29-34kbps..do we need same client..utorrent? tomorrow that also i'l try..😕

admin😕. i also need ur help

and hello !! i just moved to u torrent as well..now what to do????

y dont they use network neighborhood?? is it blocked??.. if so .. even then u dont need to use torrents to share files .. there r other apps which r far more convenient ... and even if u guys are under the same switch but live that close then one of u can jump to other's ip series(i had sify earlier)