Getting Excitel to pay for bad service

• Thread starter Thread starter Beastmaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,518
ISP
EXCITEL
My Excitel Internet is down since last night and, the quality of internet is very bad, I'm getting 100 Mbps down speedtest speed in Excitel and all speedtest servers in delhi NCR but only getting 2 Mbps download speed in speedtest servers except delhi NCR results below
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test Location delhi NCR Excitel 92.19 Mbps down
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test Location delhi NCR Noida 93.06 Mbps
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test Location delhi NCR New delhi 83.22 Mbps
and the download speed is 2 Mbps in speedtest server except from delhi NCR results below
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test London 0.53 Mbps Down
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test Mumbai 0.88 Mbps Down
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test Pune 1.40 Mbps Down
Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test New York 0.50 Mbps Down
My question is why this ? I called customer care reaised may tickets and the customer care executives says you have to speedtest through only excitel server. I showed them speed test through mumbai and london servers, then they told me this is not our servers you have to select only Excitel server. They not even listening.
the speed test is not only the problem, many sites like flipkart quora and duckduckgo are very slow on it.
I had posted a similar thread before
While randomly searching on the Internet I got a petition at

Petition Link is above if you are having similar problem with excitel you can sign the petition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say stop using Excitel if you are getting bad service. Pay monthly if your LCO isn't reliable. Excitel like most small ISPs are affected by congestion and are heavily reliant on LCOs for providing good service.

If Excitel Fiber is in your area opt for it, from what I have read their FTTH Service is way more reliable and faster.

Excitel doesn't care about international speeds, I too had 2-3Mbps international speeds when I was with them (copper plans btw).

No consumer ISP is obligated to give you speeds outside of their nodes, Excitel mentions this in their T&C. They don't care. It sucks I know, go for an alternate ISP like I did. I tried out many small ISPs like Comway, DEN, PNPL etc before finally settling on Tripleplay for my primary ISP because LCO is good and the speeds are great most times (except for the week after lockdown started).

If you are drowning in cash, get a lease line, then the ISP must provide you specific speeds and latency based on the SLA. Airtel consumer broadband is also very good but unlike Excitel they don't provide unlimited data.

35257A7D-0121-4DD1-B404-452EE6397672.png

International servers are never a problem over My ACT fibrernet I’m on 150Mbps plan

Last edited by a moderator:
There are problems with all ISPs including Airtel & ACT and are resolved.......

I would suggest....... talking to your LCO......

And if you checkout this forum......... people have been telling time and again to check your LCO before jumping in to Excitel and other small ISP's..

Now here LCO is not at fault but he can arm twist ISP which you cannot........ as losing you as a customer will first hit him.

Moreover I would suggest here against most members in this forum to pay your LCO in cash rather than paying your ISP online...... as it will strengthen your bond with LCO.......... if you are keen to stay with Excitel.

Excitel, Triple Play etc.... are any day better & VFM than Airtel & ACT.......... if you have good LCO.

Worst experience with excitel.
I made a big mistake by paying for for multiple months they are refusing to refund my money and they are not even fix the problem. They have even stopped responding to my comments on my complaint. As you can see in attached images my complaint is open for past 69 days. When I call themThey always say they will fix it then they just change the status to pending partner it stays like this for one or two week then they try to close it without resolving it then again same thing happenes. I don't know what to do do if anyone have any suggestions please let me know. Please let me know if I can take legal action against them or how to file a complaint. Thanks in advance
Sorry for my bad English

I had a similar problem in January for the FTTH connection. They are dependent on LCO for the operation. And some LCO's don't care much about excitel customers, so they can't do much about it.

I used the call their manager daily and talk for 30 mins & i even opened National Consumer Helpline issue but they still took a month to fix it.

But they did extend the validity of my plan when it was restored.

Still try your luck at consumer forum but they just mark it as "moved to convergence" so don't except fast fix.

Low International speed problem is on Excitel copper connection, I have a 100Mbps plan, I don't know about the Fiber speed test, Excitel shows in the dashboard that you have fiber in your locality but the LCO says you don't have fiber in your locality, I wish I had their fiber because the internet gets disconnected while sudden rain or storm or even rise in temperature. 7 out of 10 times when net stops, first I raise a ticket and when the problem is not get resolved within 1 or 2 hours then I go on the rooftop and restart the ISP switch and the Internet starts working, and happy ending.

tests i posted are from Fiber 300 Mbps plan with MULTI and SINGLE connection tests
here is from fast.com
1590846312717.webp
1590846312717.webp

here is Speedtest · Whatbox result

NL: 143 ms 17.15 MB/s 28.46 MB/s 27.86 MB/s
US: 232 ms 8.44 MB/s 18.69 MB/s 20.41 MB/s
SG: 290 ms 1.04 MB/s 20.48 MB/s 16.97 MB/s
SG-Legacy: 89 ms 42.09 MB/s 39.25 MB/s 38.26 MB/s