Getting around 15-20 mbps on wifi on excitel

• Thread starter Thread starter akshay061
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,667
ISP
Excitel
I am getting full 50 mbps on lan but not on wifi. After complaining lco , he sent a guy who told me this problem is going on in whole delhi. Any one facing such issue?

how can a wifi problem be widespread in delhi when you get full speeds on lan 🙁

your lco cannot do anything to fix wireless problems from his end if you are getting proper speeds on lan. you need to check out your networking equipment. if it is capable of delivering 50mbps and your wireless devices, if they are capable of supporting 50mbps on wireless.

Buy a good router and your problems will be solved. Also check for channels being used in your area. Normally channel 6 and 11 are very common, so avoid using those channels.

I have TP-Link 150 Mbps wireless n router and when sitting next to router getting max 25mbps downlink but full 50mbps uplink .
Is router the culprit? I am using channel 13 .

how can a wifi problem be widespread in delhi when you get full speeds on lan 🙁
1. Too much of disturbance because of network congestion. There are like 30+ WiFI 2.4 Ghz bandwidth within my house's range.
2. 2.4 Ghz Landline Cordless
3. Low/Cheap Quality Routers being used for WiFi.

Improvement:
1. 5 Ghz
2. Good Quality Router such as Asus Beamforming.

Lol. This would not just affect Excitel but every single ISP. It's another thing that people would notice slower speeds on Excitel more than other isps. My point was that Excitel or the LCO were not responsible for this issue as the issue was not with the service itself.

in any case, you should consider getting a better quality router that connects to the excitel ethernet cable. even on a basic model like mi router 3c, you should get proper speeds in near vicinity.

yup, wired is the best way to enjoy fast internet speeds. my primary machine is connected through ethernet and i have rarely faced any slowdown issues on excitel.