Getting Airtelbb 128 Today, What Speeds Should I Expect?

• Thread starter Thread starter cute_mink
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,434

cute_mink

Hi everyone..Im new around here .. I am getting my Airtel BB installed today, I have taken 128kbps unlimited plan.I stay in BTM , Bangalore..Could some 1 tell me what speeds can i expect.. and thats kbps or kBps ???i do a lot of downloads, generally files of around 10mb..how much time will 10 mb file take to download?tx in advance 4 any pointersmink

You should expect something around 14K downloads on an average. Theoretically you can go upto 16K but around 14K is a decent average download speed.That means you should be able to download around 50MB in one hour or a 10MB file should take something like 12 minutes. 🙂

I'd say 12-14KB/s u cant get more as Airtel uses PPP over ATM, which adds a fixed overhead. It should stay consistant thereafter.

Hence the reason they say upto 128kbs.

yipee..i got the connectin yesterday.. n when i tested it the conection was 15 kbps ...i downloaded something n the d/l speed was 10kbps.. well decent enough i guess.. maybe i can use d/l accelarator to make it hit 14..im happy for now 🙂

QUOTE(cute mink @ May 12 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]51049[/snapback]
yipee..
i got the connectin yesterday.. n when i tested it the conection was 15 kbps ...
[/b]
Do you not understand the difference between kbs & kBs ?

maybe he assumes that you can understand what he wants to say 😛 Its pretty boring pressing shift or caps lock evertime to put B

QUOTE(cute mink @ May 12 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]51049[/snapback]
i downloaded something n the d/l speed was 10kbps.. well decent enough i guess.. maybe i can use d/l accelarator to make it hit 14..

im happy for now 🙂
[/b]

nope sry to let u down dude, but dwld accelerator DO NOT accelerate, all they're good for is their ability to resume. i get speed upto 13 and not more than that. it should be noted that i'm talkin bout stable speeds here, even my dwld starts at around 70-100kBps and then settles down somewhere near 13kBps. No dwld accelerator can do a shit about it !!!!

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ May 29 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]52605[/snapback]
nope sry to let u down dude, but dwld accelerator DO NOT accelerate, all they're good for is their ability to resume. i get speed upto 13 and not more than that. it should be noted that i'm talkin bout stable speeds here, even my dwld starts at around 70-100kBps and then settles down somewhere near 13kBps. No dwld accelerator can do a shit about it !!!!
[/b]

hmm ya prolly.. but i can send u a screnshot to prove it.. i always get speeds of 16 KB.. and late night upto 25 KB (i dont know how !!)
wud u like a screenshot?

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ May 29 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]52605[/snapback]
[/b]
download accelerators split the files ..they open up like 4-8 connections(depending on ur setting) and yeah they do help in getting the full speed from ur line..no doubt.

I am in delhi and would get somewhere between 12-14 KB/s.Download accelarators would not increase the speed of downloads.I have tried almost every Download Acc in this planet and it just would not increase the speed higher than 14-15 KB/s which I normally get without it.