Getting Airtel V Fiber tomorrow if, Clear some doubt please.

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,058
Cust care is 24x7, it doesn't matter if today is Sunday, they will still be available to take your call and update you on the status of your order.

Speedtest

6746996146.png

6746991654.png

The Singapore downstream would have been better but I was streaming YouTube in the background. 😛

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

@Karan how you getting near 100 mbps upload speed on Airtel FTTH. I do get only 5.5 mbps upload on Airtel FTTH in Bangalore

Well, FTTH is supposed to be same upload as download. However, When I started with Airtel, I got 16Mbps with 10Mb upload, then went to 40Mbps with 20Mb upload, it is only now with 100Mbps that I get the same upload. I did even complain, but all airtel would say is "We don't give any guarantees on upload speeds". I later on found out the cause of the lower upload speeds wasn't airtel but radius infra, they are the company that manage the FTTH network for our society, they were not provisioning the ONTs with the correct upload speeds. Even now, they refuse to upgrade my ONT which has 100Mb LAN ports to one with 1GigE ports, otherwise the speed test would be infact over 100Mbps not the 90 or so Mbps I am getting right now. They say, if and when you get a plan over 100Mbps we will swap it out accordingly.

This is the kind of speed user @GeekBench gets for his FTTH in Noida with a Gigabit ONT.

6553309405.png

So in short, all airtel FTTH connections are synchronous from airtel's end, atleast here in NCR.

Anyways, that's my ranting over! LOL

Last edited:
@raman07 I think you are totally confused. Since i took Airtel FTTH connection in september, let me clear your doubts...

1. 100 mbps is only available on FTTH(Fibre) line. V-Fibre is just VDSL with 40 mbps max...

100mbps has been available on VDSL over 2 months now. It started from Chennai / Hyderabad but is available majorly (North) since last 2 weeks provided the loop length from the area Exchange is less than 250m. All those who have max attainable speeds of 110+mbps can anytime upgrade to it for as low as 1099+taxes