Getting a new connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Hemanth_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 5,888
My friend gets 1.4MB/s on torrents continuously as opposed to 1.1MB/s that my other friends get on the 10Mbps plan. And the one who gets 1.4MB/s is on Windows 7 Ultimate. Not sure if there exists any correlation.

My friend gets 1.4MB/s on torrents continuously as opposed to 1.1MB/s that my other friends get on the 10Mbps plan. And the one who gets 1.4MB/s is on Windows 7 Ultimate. Not sure if there exists any correlation.
umm 1.1 MBps is enough for me 😛

Anyways am thinking of installing windows ultimate myself . . .will install it tomorrow and update

Right now i am not in 1000 Plan but when i had it i used to get 1.5mb/sec in torrents and 2mb/sec in HTTP Download.

Me too thinking of joining Beam.I am sick of airtel @$$holes with their cheap FUP limits, DNS hijacking, throttling torrents and so on...The only reason I'm still with them is because of their 99.99% uptime.Can other beam users give more info about uptime...

I can tell you from the experience of 4-5 friends of mine that their uptime has been ~99%. Theres just this occasional downtime which gets rectified in few hours. The last time there was one it was because of some undersea cable cut....or atleast thats what they said. I'd definitely recco Beam....you can always go back to your old ISP if Beam wasn't to your liking.

And what Operating System do you use ? Do you use a router as well for your Beam connection ?
No Router.. I have XP on my system.

----------

Me too thinking of joining Beam.
I am sick of airtel @$$holes with their cheap FUP limits, DNS hijacking, throttling torrents and so on...
The only reason I'm still with them is because of their 99.99% uptime.
Can other beam users give more info about uptime...
All are welcome to join Beam.. but thing is keep a back-up connection with it. Right now I'm having Beam+3G.

Beam has offices in Bangalore, but they don't provide service here!

HEY BEAM CAN YOU HEAR US?? WE WANT YOU @ BANGALORE!

Sorry for shouting, but could not help after Hayai disappointed so badly.

I can tell you from the experience of 4-5 friends of mine that their uptime has been ~99%. Theres just this occasional downtime which gets rectified in few hours. The last time there was one it was because of some undersea cable cut....or atleast thats what they said. I'd definitely recco Beam....you can always go back to your old ISP if Beam wasn't to your liking.
There is a time back where the internet worked fine properly for whole month except for the 5mins.. that was 2010 JULY i still remember the month.

^Do you get FUP-ed even on that plan ? Hope you don't mind me asking but i'm just curious why you choose the 1Mbps plan.
The thing is when they increased speeds i was on 1000 plan.. and when the downtimes were too much I wantedly reduced the plan. Yes, In June,JULY I did not get Fuped but from August i got Fuped till Sept.

The thing is when they increased speeds i was on 1000 plan.. and when the downtimes were too much I wantedly reduced the plan. Yes, In June,JULY I did not get Fuped but from August i got Fuped till Sept.

And now ?