getting a new Airtel IPTV connection, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
Will be buying an IPTV connection soon, planning to take the 999 planhave some questions, so those who have installed it already, pls help out with them1) my TV and computer are quite far apart(10-15m) , so will they install the router at the TV and take a LAN cable to the computer, or install the router at the computer, and take a LAN cable to STB?some ppl have suggested to get wifi installed in my desktop, but i do not prefer that as it would introduce a lag in gaming2)are there still any problems in the TSTV or IPTV in general, or is it now working as reliably as cable TV?3)anyone who already has a setup with the TV and computer far apart, can you pls upload a few pics of the wiring?4)how long does the STB and ROUTER take to restart after a power failure, and if I connect the router to a UPS(but not the STB) then does it make much of a difference in the startup time??

router stays with your telephone line. ethernet cable goes from the router to your television set where it is connected to the IPTV STB. 10-15 meters should be fine. iptv has worked fine for me since day one except for some network related problems that was fixed in a visit by the airtel guys. the only problem i have faced (others have not faced it) is that when my torrents are on full speed and there are too many connections being consumed by it, my IPTV broadcast becomes a bit buggy. i have to lessen the number of connections to make it smooth. it has become a frequent problem for me. maybe the distance between my tv and router is more. i have not yet asked airtel to check it out. the problem for me magnifies at night when my connection switch to 1mbps from 512kbps. maybe it would be a problem on your plan. wiring is routing ethernet cable. router is the regular modem which takes 5-10 seconds to get online. IPTV STB can take a while. i think it takes around 10. could be less. i do not count it. you get to see a progress bar. it's essentially linux booting so you can understand the slowness.

thxi hope tht was 10 sec for the booting of STBalso, if possible, can you put a few pics of how neatly the wiring from router to STB is done..

its airtel neat. if you have seen airtel telephone wiring. same is the case with IPTV wiring. let me try get a photo for you 🙂 i don't have my camera handy right now.

----------

black wire is the telephone line. the other wire is the ethernet cable coming out of the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.