• Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 46,302

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I applied for a new Airtel Broadband Connection today. The process was simple. A dude arrived within 20 minutes. Asked for three things😛hoto ID1 Passport PhotoAddress ProofTook a cheque for Rs. 850. Promised that the connection would be setup within 2 days. Let's see.

Don't you already have 2??

I suppose u already have 2 airtel connections... U could have tried tht tataindicom 1 Mbps unlimited... btw airtel too need to increase the speed now... its long time since they last upgraded the speed (for unlimited connections)...

well we do. but the office is moving out and i would need one at home. so i would be left with one here and 2 there.

I suppose u already have 2 airtel connections... U could have tried tht tataindicom 1 Mbps unlimited... btw airtel too need to increase the speed now... its long time since they last upgraded the speed (for unlimited connections)...
I could have but their customer support was not really helpful. I need the connection as fast as possible but knowing Tata they could take weeks just to conduct technical feasibility studies.

Airtel... I know they are going to work.

Update:

Might face an issue. Just got a call from Airtel. Some senior dude was angry that a rep has already visited my place and took the check for installation.

He then asked me if I was living with parents or with friends... In other words, I was a reliable customer or not.

I replied I live in the house alone and my dad owns the house. He said ok.

Not sure if that answer satisfied him.

I am going to kill them if they refuse to give me a connection now...

They may be short of dp in ur area... In my area also they resfused to give connection to few persons(who have recently applied) cos they don't have any dp left...

When i got mine, the guy came to fill up the form at 9:30 at night! I had only called the CC to inquire about the availability in my area. The are rather efficient in this department. 😛

He then asked me if I was living with parents or with friends... In other words, I was a reliable customer or not.

I dont understand why they ask stupid questions. Since when did living with one's parents become a criteria for a broadband connection. You already have 2 connections and presumably do not have problems paying your bills on time. Isnt that proof enough ?

the name for the connection is different this time around. current lines is in friend's name.what i meant was that he was basically interested in knowing whether i was living in a rented place (which i am not...).

no sir. they are a bunch of idiots. enabled my connection. and after 10 minutes disabled it.said that their backend system still has not verified my account. he said on my face that they are not sure if i am who i am and they would need to conduct more verifications. i gave them a copy of my pan card this time. still waiting for a response from their side. if nothing else happens. i am really going to piss them off with my online bashing.

heh... the guy was at my house. i think he knows i live there. they already have my bank statement as my address proof. i just thought i would give them more evidence that i exist... and i pay my taxes. so i am a bit more reliable. maybe next time they come, i would give them my IT return statements. just to prove that they have a real faulty system at work. and they are messing up with the wrong dude.