• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 981

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
I have been noticing that the input voltage from the electricity supplier shoots to more than 250v during night time. I assume my PC is safe as it is connected to a UPS. Even right now, this is what my UPS monitoring tool shows.

vfP3d9j.png

My question is whether this would cause any issues to the other electrical appliances.

wow.that looks cool.can i use this software on my UPS or does it need some special kind of UPS?

250 isnt too much i guess..i havent checked input at my place for a while but it used to be around 250 couple of years back...but this is the start of danger zone.
anyway i am no expert.hope some expert can provide a better answer.

wow.that looks cool.can i use this software on my UPS or does it need some special kind of UPS?
This particular CHUTE software is from APC for their own UPS products. If you have a UPS from a well known company, they usually provide a software interface. But it is rarely available on basic models where they need to keep the costs low.

Yup, the software is for APC UPS only.

It even surged to 253v after a while before coming down to 250. In the morning when I checked, it had come down further to around 240v.