Get ready for Mobile tariff hikes

See I have personally Experienced both Idea prepaid and postpaid. The Quality of both Connection is Far Comparable. Postpaid has very well educated CC and Prepaid has all 10th fail Guys Who speak in Regional language most of the time and Speak Regional lingo like Japanese people Fastly as if he is an hurry to attend nature calls.:tongue_2:In Prepaid, If you want a Full talktime in Main balance you have to Recharge above 200. This Really Pissed me off.. More or less I have liked postpaid.In Prepaid, If someone notices.. If i subscribe to caller tune.. they will play that if you like this song copy it by pressing *.But in postpaid.. It doesn't say anything .. Straight forward music.

Still with MTNL 3G Prepaid. No useless addon services, callertunes, and love 1/2p per second plan for local circle. Call quality is questionable but I can put up with it as I am mostly in high signal area. Callertunes make you look like a douche. They sound so last decade. They highly annoy me if the opposite person has activated a caller tune.BTW the prices have hit so low that only way is to increase.

Idea postpaid is pretty much in the pocket i guess...!!Decent plans...Excellent coverage...!!i don't find a reason to say "Don't go for Idea postpaid"....!!

lol! it seems the govt managed to **** up the good things which others do -_-Reliance came and changed the telecom picture and along came Govt and ****ed it up. ( 3G anyone?)Higher 3G license costs led to telecoms increasing their tariffs and get back their investment but since reliance is again introducing 4G next year. . they want to get back their money even faster.

It would be good to have better network also from airtel/vodafone in 2012 in Delhi !If they just go on increasing prices and screw with the network wont work

A Statement from the Article:
,Telenor(which operates the Uninor brand in India)says that mobile operators are doing more to rationalize pricing in order to strike a balance with the revenue growth. Telco’s are looking for ways to cut cost in order to ease the considerable pressure on revenues says Naveen Mishra , Lead Analyst of Telecom, IDC India, citing that it may however impact certain segments.
Dear Uninor, When you were not having customers these things didn't come to your mind?
Do these Statements come only when company is Getting Nice customer base? 😀
Seems like Uninor is the Second largest Connections Gaining Operator in Nov and First in Oct? I am Noticing Few Qualities of Airtel in this Company!

Mobile operators are gearing up for the next round of tariff hikes in a bid to improve their margins. While the operators had last year increased tariffs by 20 per cent for pre-paid card users, a similar hike is now in the offing for post-paid subscribers on per-second billing. According to industry sources, the top three mobile operators are expected to increase calling rates for all mobile calls, STD and local, to 1.20 paise a second from 1 paisa per second. The tariff for all calls to landline phones is being raised to 1.5 paise per second.

Vodafone has already kicked off this fresh round of hikes with a 20 per cent increase on post-paid plans offering per second billing.

The operator's spokesperson confirmed that the new call rates have been implemented in Delhi and will be rolled out to other areas in phases.

“Other players will follow suit soon. This is inevitable considering that the operators' revenues are dipping.

The tariff cut in 2010 triggered by the entry of new players has made the industry bleed, with most operators reporting negative margins over the past few quarters,” said an industry source.

TARIFF WAR

Two years ago Tata DoCoMo had ushered in a tariff war, offering per-second billing for the first time which forced everyone else to match it, defying all economic logic.

As a result of this, the average revenue per minute earned by the operators declined from Re 1 in 2007 to 40 paise in first quarter of 2011.Vodafone's profit after tax margins declined from 17 per cent in March 2007 to just 0.01 per cent in March 2011, while Bharti Airtel's return on capital employed decreased from 29 per cent in 2007 to 19 per cent, and Idea Cellular's operating expense as a percentage of revenue increased from 12 per cent to 31 per cent during the four-year period.

Then in July, market leader Bharti Airtel and many mobile players including Tata DoCoMo, Vodafone and Idea Cellular, increased pre-paid tariffs. “Continuously declining margins, high 3G and BWA auction prices, constrained spectrum and rural rollout aspirations leave operators with little choice but to make some price corrections,” an operator said.

PARTY OVER?

“In an attempt to focus on improving returns from existing operations, industry players are being forced to raise tariffs,” says a PwC report.

The impact of the last round of tariff hikes is beginning to show on operators' balance-sheets

. “Encouragingly, we are starting to see some of the price increases now holding in the market, so there are some benefits from pricing,” Vodafone said, in its annual report. While the hike in tariffs will improve operators' financial performance, the party for telecom consumers seems to be over.

Source:: Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Get ready for next round of mobile tariff hikes