General question about 3g and Cdma rev A network

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL EVDO ( PRIMARY ) , RELIANCE 3G , TATA DOCOMO 3G , AIRTEL 2G (BACKUP )
I am presently using reliance 3g and it gives me a speed of 4 - 12 ( even more ) Mbps . So , I am pretty happy with it . But Now I have an extra datacard , so If I get another 3g reliance sim and I bridge these connection , will I get double the speed i.e. is 8 - 24 mbps or speed will be halved in each data card as both of the data cards will be runnnig on same network tower .
Consider same case of BSNL EVDO also and do reply .

Last edited:
I am presently using reliance 3g and it gives me a speed of 4 - 12 ( even more ) Mbps . So , I am pretty happy with it . But Now I have an extra datacard , so If I get another 3g reliance sim and I bridge these connection , will I get double the speed i.e. is 8 - 24 mbps or speed will be halved in each data card as both of the data cards will be runnnig on same network tower .
Consider same case of BSNL EVDO also and do reply .
Yes....you can get this speed by dispatch these connection .use connectify dispatch software.

Any other alternatives ? By dispatch I couldn't use both connection at a time , I was able use to get dual connection speed in torrenting only !

Double speeds are unlikely. Run a speedtest on two devices connected to the same tower. You won't get peak speed on each.

@x720 : So , These speed will get near to halved in each device you mean?
I want to ask , Is 3g HSPA+ BTS has maximum capacity of 21.6 mbps which is distributed among all the user or the BTS has much more capacity ?

BTS has as much capacity as backhaul provides. So, while your downlink is provisioned at 21.6 mbps, if the backhaul can't provide as much, you won't see that speed.

By using multiple devices you're occupying a greater portion of the backhaul. So, speed won't get halved but it won't stay max as well. Speed will vary as backhaul occupancy changes from to time.

So , can backhaul be greater than 21.6 mbps for bts ( like 42 mbps ) or is it just our device that supports 21.6mbps maxima or maxima is same for bts as well as datacard ?

Backhaul has to be more than 21.6 mbps at any cost. Else, no single user will get 21.6 mbps.

Think of it in this way. You have a dsl modem connected to a wireless router. The connection between the dsl modem and wireless router is the backhaul. If you want to provide a minimum of 3 mbps to each user simultaneously, you need a backhaul capable of 9 mbps at least.

Similarly for 3G, the link between your Node B (BTS) and Radio Network Controller and onto the Core Network forms the backhaul.

Obviously, this is all in very simple terms, but I hope you get the idea!

21.6 mbps is simply the 3GPP release 7 (don't remember the actual number) specification that allows that much speed per 5 MHz carrier i.e. the maximum speed that bts can provide.

Similar to EVDO where 3.1mbps is possible per 1.75 MHz carrier.

@x720 : Thanks , You cleared all mine doubts !
Most appreciated for quick reply !

Status
Not open for further replies.