Gearbest Shopping User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 15,512
3c is available in india and there are two variant of 3 one is regular other one is 3g i don't know which one to choose the only thing missing from 3g is english language support i think.

3G is an upgraded model which has faster and twice the RAM. 3 has 128MB DDR2 RAM while 3G has 256MB DDR3 RAM.

Edit: 3G has an upgraded CPU too.

3G makes more sense then! Assuming there is an english firmware variant available. Coz I am using the Mi Router with Chinese firmware and it's pretty annoying to access the backend using Google Translate.

Looks like 3G doesn't have an English firmware variant available as of now. Also there's almost $10 difference between the two. 3 should be good enough.

Thanks guys for helping me out i think i am going with 3 as there is no english firmware on 3g i will let u guys know more about this

i believe there is. never got around to installing it. it is all configured and setup so i haven't found the need to experiment with it now.
i mean it is only a problem when i am trying to configure internet on it. if the internet is working, google translate provides the needed help to find the relevant location. 😛

ordered xiaomi wifi homeplug on 6th jan
delivered 13th jan today. took bit f time to cofigure.
adds 5-20ms latency but unlike wifi extender fully stable.

Last edited:
so how does it work? you connect the base model to the router and it uses electricity wiring to extend internet coverage to other parts of the house using wireless units?

yep data travels via house wiring under same billing meter/phase.
after initial setup now only 2-3ms ping diff.
giving some time out problem with act bb maybe old Asus dd-wrt router.
working perfectly with airtel's Huawei vdsl modem.

Nice. I spent a lot of money on extending my local network using cat6 cables through the house. This would have been cheaper.