• Views Views 1,921

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
I want to purchase a gaming laptop. Unfortunately my budget is only 60k

What would be the best deal in it?

I found this for 59k, cant find anything better than it

Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.58990 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

I am trying to find someone coming from the US but no luck till now. Difference in price is enormous

International warranty will be a plus since I am moving to the UK in a couple of months

Last edited by a moderator:
Which games?

Upvote 0
FIFA, Shadow of War, GTA V etc. none too demanding. I am fine playing without AA and the fancy stuff. Just need the best raw specs in this budget.

Upvote 0
if you end up buying a laptop with 5400rpm (or even a faster) hdd... do replace it with a ssd. hdds fuck up laptop performance. niece spent 80K on a HP envy with i7 processor, 16GB RAM and a dedicated gfx card and it is painful to use. though the shit load of crapware that hp preloaded on that laptop does not help.

Upvote 0
I think most laptops come with an M2 slot these days in addition to the HDD so instead of replacing, ill just put it in and move the OS to it. And I always install a clean OS on any company's laptop. Too much bloatware

Upvote 0
They used to earlier but now they have three tiers of warranty for consumer notebooks - simple warranty in which you have to send your laptop to them to get it fixed and its not international. Premium Warranty which is international and home service and Premium Plus which is premium plus accidental coverage. This is why I wanted to buy directly from dell.com since i could select premium warranty while buying however dell.com doesnt accept non US credit cards. Ill have to now get premium warranty after purchase and that costs 3x as much

Upvote 0
Yes but it costs 3x as much. Much better to buy it while purchasing which is at Dell.com. They also have offers going on. Currently they are offering 4 years of premium support for the price of 3 at 160$

Upvote 0
Since this only comes with 8Gb ram, I want to install another module in the empty slot. My budget is 5k, cant spend more than that. In that budget, I only see either 4GB 2400 mhz or 8GB 2133 Mhz RAM being available. Does the speed have that much impact? Or would i be better off running 16gb at 2133 mhz vs 12gb at 2400 mhz

Upvote 0
If you buy a higher speed ram and pair it with slow speed ram, the motherboard would underclock your high speed ram to work at lower speed

Your motherboard would probably just automatically underclock the faster one and you wouldn't run into any problems. Thus, it's possible, but note that when you start mixing speeds, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so to speak. Your RAM will only run at the speed of the slowest DIMM, unless you wanted to overclock the others.

so in your case, even if you add 4gb 2400mhz ram, it will run at 2133mhz ram your laptop came with. plus ram speed is extremely negligible, say like 1~3 fps and thats when using high end gfx card like titan x and high end processor. difference is far more negligible when using laptops

Plus dual channel ram ie having same capacity ram in two slots will be more useful than having higher speed ram. so in your case, buying another 8gb stick of 2133mhz ram makes sense

Upvote 0