Games Airtel Broadband plays

• Thread starter Thread starter vinieux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,314

vinieux

ISP
Airtel
I stay in Sarvapriya Vihar in South Delhi and have been paying Rs. 2222 for an 1Mbps Freedom Unlimited plan with 100GB in the fair usage policy. The same plan has been available for Rs. 1699 for the last 6 months at least, and is displayed clearly on their website, but nobody at Airtel has ever called me about it, nor have they brought down the charges automatically in their bills.On 30th of April I called 121 and requested a migration to the Impatience plan of Rs.1799 with 4GB and Fair Usage of 50GB. I was told it would be done in 5 days. 3 days later I got a call saying it would be done the next day so I should switch off and switch on my modem for the plan to kick in. Nothing happened the next day so I called them and they said being Good Friday it was a holiday and it would be done definitely by Saturday. Saturday I called again to be told that due to distance from the nearest node or hub or some such, this plan is not available to me. So in the heart of South Delhi, Airtel is incapable of giving me 4Mbps. I spoke to some help desk guy and then to his manager who first asked me for the names of the people who told me my plan would be migrated when the feasibility was not yet checked. I reminded him about the automated message which says all calls will be recorded and asked him to check out the recordings against my ticket number. SILENCE! He then gave me the name and number of some nodal manager whose phone is continuously engaged. I then asked them why I was being charged extra for a 1Mbps plan as a long-standing broadband customer while simultaneously advertising shamelessly about much faster plans at a much lower cost and they had no answer.I told them to immediately migrate my plan down to Rs. 1699 and he puts me back to the first guy I spoke to who tells me he will log the request and their backend guys will get back to me after they study the feasibility. WOW! So even the Rs. 1699 Plan may not be feasible in my locality while it is possible to get the very same plan by paying Rs 600 extra... This is the problem with big companies in India. They have no shame and no ethics.The best part is, I asked the guy I was speaking to for his name and he gives me only his first name. He says he is not allowed to give me his surname. So I tell him that his manager just gave me the full name and telephone number of the nodal head, how come I am not allowed to know his surname??? Then he sheepishly tells me his surname. If there are any journalists reading this, I would be grateful if this story can be published while Airtel is still proudly advertising 4Mbps plans for as low as Rs 899. Do contact me through this forum for more details of this ridiculous story.The nodal manager's phone is still engaged as I post this.

well their customer service is definitely going down..its not what it used to be

Frankly, this is a lot more than just the quality of customer service. This is a deliberate attempt to mislead customers, incompetence, inefficiency and unethical behaviour.

I disconnected my Airtel connection and shifted to Reliance long time back, Only two words for Airtel Broadband Services, THEY SUCK, go to hell Airtel with your pathetic services and your crap Fair Usage Policy, shutdown your ISP once and for all, it will be a relief for all the customers.:impissed:

Agreed to watever u said abt customer service......Customer service at one point of time was the best in its category no other provider wud ever come near it......but today its the same as any other provider.....Fair Usage policy again , they think....they can withstand with this forever.....really hope MTNL shows the way.......and really i was speakin to one of my friends he had MTNL for a long time now and confirmed me that MTNL's Customer service has improved fairly....i hope some provider comes up and kill the fair usage policy thingy......

The not automatically changing plans is very bad on airtel's part . People who dont bother to regularly check plans on their site would continue paying more money .

The not automatically changing plans is the best thing ever. If it were for that, we would all be on FUP plans and that would be horrible!

well Airtel can adopt a simple policy..if the plan change is adverse to customer's interest then no auto change whereas for eg if its slashing of prices for same plan without change in any other condition then auto change..MTNL has a similar policy..

well airtel is doubling speeds of the users on their existing plans. so what's the problem?

My 'double' double speed of 2 Mbps has vanished, and am back to 1 Mbps 🙁 1 Mbps is so bloody slow.

so the problem my dear admin is - they are doing it without the PERMISSION / KNOWLEDGE and doing it for a selective few, so admin bhai, you pay 100 and get 100 bux worth,, i pay 200 and get 100 bux worth. is it fair ????

My 'double' double speed of 2 Mbps has vanished, and am back to 1 Mbps 🙁 1 Mbps is so bloody slow.

You were upgraded?

Wooo. Surprise to see Airtel responsfing officially! Hat tip: Admin!This is the "meat for blogs". Care to present your view point about why the whole damned broadband access is SO expensive?