GameRanger and Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Supreme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,982

Supreme

ISP
Airtel
Hi,Does anyone in here uses GameRanger to play multiplayer games online.Can you tell whether you face frequent disconnection from the game.For me: Within 10-15min i get disconnected from the game.Checked up on GameRanger's forum and its said that more or less its due to ISP.Raised complaint with Airtel, and as usual the guys there are such unintelligent that if you try to explain them any problem, its like banging your head on the wall.It took me more than an hour to explain that i donot have issue with web browsing but using an application to play games. Still dont think so they understood.Anyways they promised multiple times that someone will call or will visit me...but as usual again..false promises.And now they have closed the case. First time they closed the case saying it's problem at the remote end. I got it reopened and the next day they again closed the case saying its mass-outage due to under-sea cable cut.If anyone else has faced same problem with GameRanger or any other application for game playing then if you got your problem solved, please let me know how.Also what apps/tools i can use to collect some data and then myself figure out which end the problem lies. And if it is at Airtel's end then technical info to make them believe(Tough) that its Airtel's problem.I tried to gather packets using wireshark but still trying to understand and find out the difference between those sessions where i lost the connection and where the game ran fine for a long time.Thanks

play with me

i don't know why all problems comes to airtel only.
i play over steam and from last couple of days .. im not able to play at all.. kicked many time from servers & got banned from may servers too 🙁
my pings are going over 300+ :O even in Indian server (113.212.76.6)

===============================================
Pinging 113.212.76.6 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 113.212.76.6: bytes=32 time=316ms TTL=47
Reply from 113.212.76.6: bytes=32 time=315ms TTL=47
Reply from 113.212.76.6: bytes=32 time=314ms TTL=47
Reply from 113.212.76.6: bytes=32 time=315ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 113.212.76.6:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 314ms, Maximum = 316ms, Average = 315ms
===============================================
on the flip side we had Beam cable in our office where pings seems to be pretty in range of 70 - 120 only.. i don't know why & how thats possible

Edit:- tested with my reliance NetConnect, pings on-an-average is 100.

. i don't use that but check your wire . i am playing game almost every day and i get 30-40 on delhi server and 50-90 on indian server .

. i don't use that but check your wire . i am playing game almost every day and i get 30-40 on delhi server and 50-90 on indian server .

delhi & india server for TF2 ? i didn't know that.
as far as i know starHub & eclub are the closest server to India.
by the way those high-latency are for cable-cut issues. now most of the things back to normal.

well i use game ranger and yes.... i had a LOT of problems, but i played a few minutes ago and it was fine )> dunno abt it now..Internet still seems to be slow though..