Game Played By Tatasky :(

• Thread starter Thread starter waveking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,099

waveking

ISP
Airtel Surf 749
I had bought Tata Sky during the festival offer, where I got 3 months of free subscription. I had to leave India for office work for a few months, so I was in a dilemma as to take the package or not, but the dealer assured me that TataSky service can be suspended for 3 to 6 months once an year. So after that period my service will be resumed automatically, and I can us my remaining balance. He even called TataSky , and the guy from TataSky himself assured me he that I can suspend the service ANY time, as required. So I happily purchased TataSky over Dishnet, and dumped my regular cable connection. As planned, 2 days before leaving for US, I called TataSky to suspend my account from about December, but I was told that TataSky does not suspend accounts in between a tenure and that i had been given wrong information.I was shocked to say the least I had personally confirmed this fro the dealer AND from TataSky and only then had bought his package. Now i stand to loose 2 months out of the 3 given to me, and I am really sad on my loss. I don know what to do now 🙁(

Approach your dealer. Cut him a new ***hole.btw do you have any proof as to the dealer telling you that you could do this suspend thing? If you do, you may wish to take legal action through a consumer court.At the very least you should file a formal complaint with Tata Sky as to this dealer, and ask them to reimburse you for those two months.

The dealer had verbally assured me repeatedly, and when he felt i am not very convinced, he called up the Tata Sky person, through which he registers all accounts maybe. And then that TataSky person personally told me on the phone that this is true and can be done anytime 🙁((

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Dec 9 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]70565[/snapback]
Approach your dealer. Cut him a new ***hole.

btw do you have any proof as to the dealer telling you that you could do this suspend thing? If you do, you may wish to take legal action through a consumer court.

At the very least you should file a formal complaint with Tatasky as to this dealer, and ask them to reimburse you for those two months.
[/b]

rrrrrightt.... his verbal assurance is not worth the breath he spent on it. So I am assuming you don't have said proof.So the only thing you can do is tell him that you are going to make a complaint against him with Tata Sky, and then make that complaint. You might as well consider your money to be lost, unless you know someone high up in Tatasky, or want to take them to consumer court.AFAIK Tatasky is prepaid right??? so it's not even that you can tell them that you are not paying the bill..... hmmm...... clever clever!!!

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Dec 9 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]70586[/snapback]
rrrrrightt.... his verbal assurance is not worth the breath he spent on it. So I am assuming you don't have said proof.

So the only thing you can do is tell him that you are going to make a complaint against him with Tata Sky, and then make that complaint. You might as well consider your money to be lost, unless you know someone high up in Tatasky, or want to take them to consumer court.

AFAIK Tatasky is prepaid right??? so it's not even that you can tell them that you are not paying the bill..... hmmm...... clever clever!!!
[/b]

Well, I dont think the vendor is that much at fault as TataSky is, because as i mentioned above, the vendor called to TataSky, and confirmed himself, and then made me talk to him, and the TataSky assured me the same. So the vendor had assured me only what TataSky had assured to me too.

what about after 3 months? can we stop the service for 1 month in between after 3 months? as we have to recharge thru a card and if we dont recharge for 1 month.. that would work right?

repeat after me...I will not trust verbal assurances!I will not trust verbal assurances!I will not trust verbal assurances!good 🙂now, repeat this...TATA is a chor company!TATA is a chor company!TATA is a chor company!TATAIndicom, Tata Sky, TATABroadband, TATAMotors, TATA are all chor companies so just stay away from them! DONT EVER FALL INTO THEIR TRAP! 😛Edit: Added TATA Motors ( Indica esp. ) by popular demand! 😛

Hmm!!Its frequent shocker noise is a big problem and new xeta i don't like anything about it except that commercial with 4 girls which i think is not made by Tata but made for Tata 😛