Galaxy watch active 2 on Airtel prepaid and non Samsung phone?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 51,528
ISP
Airtel, Jio
(Have used BSNL, GTPL, Tikona, Spectra too)
Hi.. I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE.
The website mentions that for its LTE to work, you need:
1. Samsung smartphone and
2. Airtel (postpaid) /Jio (postpaid/prepaid) connection.

I don't have a Samsung smartphone (using OP 7 PRO) and am currently on Airtel prepaid. Has anyone on this forum had an experience to make this combo work on the watch? Any workarounds or tips would be appreciated.

I read a few articles where people were able to use it with jio on ANY android smartphone. However, I don't want to move to jio and airtel postpaid would be too much based on my current usage.

Suggestions welcome.

Dear All, I have found a trick as mentioned in this thread already.
I inserted my Airtel Postpaid SIM in Samsung M51 ( as I have one in my family) from Asus 5z. Earlier it wasn't opening the Airtel Page for activation of the Plan (page never loaded in Asus Phone). Using wear app in Asus Phone I took back up of the watch and I changed the phone for watch and now the watch reset and automatically detected Samsung phone on rebooting. I was wondering it was doing all automatically in Samsung phone. as I had already inserted the Airtel SIM in it, from the mobile plans in Wear app, I just selected Airtel Sim and the web page which was not opening in Asus Phone opened in Samsung phone and watch has a lte connection now.
Than what I did is again took a backup of watch from wear app in the samsung phone and removed the SIM and inserted back to the Asus Phone and from wear app changed the phone, as after reset I knew it will again try to connect with Samsung phone I turned it off. And connected it with Asus Phone. And restored the backup in the watch.
What happened next is that now watch is working with Airtel lte network without the samsung phone.
One more thing even if you phone in which you physical sim is inserted is turned off, watch will work standalone. Now you don't need your phone for having LTE network.

Reactions: SVK
Upvote 1
I've already bought galaxy watch 3 LTE, and having airtel prepaid plan, recharged for 1 year. Unknowing this criteria I bought this watch. Now I must wait 10 more months to port to jio😂 inorder to skip the useless spend. If any one know the solution to connect LTE airtel prepaid with MI phone, please share the idea.
you got any resolution, I am also struck in same situation

Upvote 0
I've already bought galaxy watch 3 LTE, and having airtel prepaid plan, recharged for 1 year. Unknowing this criteria I bought this watch. Now I must wait 10 more months to port to jio😂 inorder to skip the useless spend. If any one know the solution to connect LTE airtel prepaid with MI phone, please share the idea.
Hi, I am also in the same situation, have you resolved it?

Upvote 0
@Kapil Bhardwaj Thanks man. It worked for me. Recently, I bought Galaxy watch 4 classic LTE and my primary phone is OnePlus 6 (Airtel postpaid 499), from past few days I was trying but I was getting this below web page not available error.

EQhFfD0.jpg

After reading your post I tried with Samsung phone and magically above e-sim setup link works only on Samsung phone.
After setting up I restored backup on OP6. And it works 😁

But I noticed few glitches while using in OP6:

1. Watch sometimes randomly disconnects LTE signal and gets back
2. When I use flight mode in my phone, watch signal is also lost, again I have to manually add network which is big bummer 😩😩

Moreover, when watch is linked with Samsung phone, the above glitches won't happen. I guess it's just with non-samsung phones.

Upvote 0
Guys, I have a samsung Note 8 phone on which I am connecting my Samsung Galaxy Active 2 4G Watch. When the watch is in Bluetooth mode, I get calls on both devices. However, when the watch is on LTE mode, I do not get the call and sometime the caller get the message that phone is busy.
At times after I reset my watch it works both in bluetooth and LTE mode, but then it start giving the same problem mentioned above.

I am in using Airtel postpaid connection.

Any suggestion on how it can be overcome. Went to Airtel office quite a few times they are clueless..

Upvote 0
I have decided to port out from Airtel Prepaid to Jio Prepaid, because Airtel decided to be a b*tch and not allow me to pair the LTE on my smartwatch with that of the phone. There's literally no reason except greed to make customers choose a postpaid connection simply to be able to use their number on their smartwatch.

As smartwatches get popular, Airtel can prepare to see more migrations. I mean even Vi offers seamless connectivity for your smartwatch irrespective of prepaid or postpaid.

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more. Went through the same drill but as luck would have it, the jio connection had bad network in my area and eventually had to go back to airtel(converted to postpaid family plan).Just fully ensure that jio has good connectivity in your area(ideally get a jio sim from someone and try it out for full day) . In my case inside indoor connectivity was really bad and used to miss on calls and otp. Outside it worked fine. Just do a full test before porting out.

Upvote 0
I have Galaxy Active 2 non-LTE version. I have paired it with Galaxy Wearable on Samsung S20+.
I don't see any mobile plans option in Galaxy Wearable app.
Is it because I am having non-LTE Watch paired? or it there different app for Mobile plan configuration.

BTW my primary sim is Airtel Postpaid and secondary is Jio prepaid.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy wearable app asks for the phone model when you register so i guess the feature is model dependent. On samsung phones the detection, registration and serting up is pretty much automatic and smooth compared tona non samsung phone.

Think even with airtel postpaid it has to be above certain rental plan for it to get activated. I remember it wasnt with the basic postpaid plan(some ₹200 pm they used to have long time back) and only above 500-600pm they offer smartwatch lte..

Upvote 0
Does airtel prepaid support esim on watch or they still hell bent on postpaid only?

Edit : Nevermind its not working. Just ported to airtel a month back due to airtel axis card, now i just have to port back to jio again 😩

Last edited:
Upvote 0