Gadget to access USB from anywhere in the world

• Thread starter Thread starter xsqueezme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,516
ISP
Airtel
Hello there, I've Airtel connection and it's router doesn't support FTP via USB
is there any gadget which I can use here?
Should I go for any cheap router and bridge that to my main router? or is there any dedicated gadget for this?
Don't suggest rasp plox

method 1: Most routers aren't meant to have their FTP port open to the internet. Since you don't want rasp, you can either get yourself a seedbox/VPS which won't be that expensive or you can build yourself a mini PC, which you can use as a server thereby increasing the options for applications you can host.

method 2: If you have an existing PC, you can use that as a server or a proxy, or a VPN to connect to your local network.

method 2.5: TP-Link routers have an OpenVPN feature, get a TP-link router (eg C7) with USB support, and access your LAN over the VPN or via the internet. (it has the feature)

method 3: Netgear R6700 series which has better HP than TP-Link supports FTP via the ethernet, but that costs about 14K INR.

I will not suggest using a router as a server, since they are not that powerful or secured in the required way and can be easily taken over with a simple buffer overflow.
Most of these routers only support insecure FTP v1 and have no support for TLS encryption, so any man in the middle can see and intercept your traffic.

Last edited: