FX File Explorer - Apps on Google Play
No ads. No annoyances. No tracking. Manage your files. Retain your privacy.
FX File Explorer (Plus License - Apps on Google Play
FX Plus adds media, networking, and cloud capabilities to FX File Explorer.
FX File Explorer features a Material Design UI and new ways to transfer your files between devices and computers:
- SMBv2 support.
- New "FX Connect" transfers files from phone-to-phone with Wi-Fi Direct. Supports NFC to connect two phones by physically touching their backs together. (requires FX+)
- New "Web Access" enables transfer and management of files and media from your computer's web browser. You can drag-and-drop entire folders to your phone from your computer, or stream your phone's music playlists to your computer over Wi-Fi. (requires FX+)
FX is a file explorer built to make working with files and media on your phone or tablet as easy as it is on your computer:
- Productivity-oriented "Home Screen": Directly access your important folders, media, and cloud storage
- Multiple window support, with dual-view mode to see two windows at once
- "Usage View" mode shows the total size and content makeup of every folder, as you browse and manage files
- Support for most file archive formats
FX protects your privacy:
- No advertisements
- No tracking of user activity: FX does not ever "phone home"
- Built by NextApp, Inc., a US corporation founded in 2002; all proprietary code was developed in-house
The optional FX+ Add-On module enables more functionality:
- Access networked computers, including FTP, SSH FTP, WebDAV, and Windows Networking (SMB1 and SMB2)
- Connect to cloud storage including Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, SkyDrive, and OwnCloud
- Manage installed applications, with support for browsing applications based on their required permissions
- Create and explore inside AES-256/AES-128 encrypted zip files
- Browse audio content by artist/album/playlist; manage and organize playlists
- Directly browse photo and video folders
- Encrypted password keyring (use one password to access network and cloud locations)
FX includes a number of built-in editing/viewing applets:
- Text Editor (with undo/redo history, cut/paste, search, and pinch-to-zoom)
- Binary (Hex) Viewer
- Image Viewer
- Media Player and pop-up Audio Player
- Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, 7zip archive creators and extractors
- RAR file extractor
- Shell Script Executor