Ftth

shreeyashattal

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home UL Plan
I've been reading a lot about FTTH recently in the news, can anyone please tell me where all has been launched? Is it available to residentially or just commercial?

AFAIK they're just providing connections to localities ( having 20~30 families minimum) And one user here has BSNL i believe.

AFAIK they're just providing connections to localities ( having 20~30 families minimum)

And one user here has BSNL i believe.

localities with 20~30 families or 20~30 group bookings?

localities with 20~30 families or 20~30 group bookings?
localities with 20~30 families.

one user here signed up when they were looking to first test FTTH and he got a box to which fiber wire goes and from that box cat5 cable connects to his computer.

Scan the BSNL threads. .you'll find him. PM him and he will answer all your doubts

I've been reading a lot about FTTH recently in the news, can anyone please tell me where all has been launched? Is it available to residentially or just commercial?

If you are in Banglore or Hydrabad, you will be able to have experience of FTTH in India from Beam telecom and ACT broadband as a residential user.

About BSNL, I do know much apart from costly connection. We had one hope from Hayai but I do not know when it will be available and also discussion on this forum is prohibited. About other operators and government involvement in optical fiber(FTTH), it is just in proposal. There is no updates from any company or government, as I heard. Government is just interested to see growth in statics of internet users growth. They do not care how many users are using how much speed and what medium are being used. It is not like that our ISPs are overloaded or not having capability to feed pan india. Reliance is capable to install optical fiber pan india including village and other operators can share those fiber to provide connection. Even I have read somewhere BSNL is paying for bandwidth which is not really being used or given to their customers because of loosing customer support after emerging new regional companies in India.

BSNL is auctioning spare bandwidth.
BSNL to auction spare bandwidth in its network