FTTH from early 2014 by BBNL

• Thread starter Thread starter alphaomega
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 9,231

alphaomega

ISP
BBNL ( 10 Mbps, Unlimited )
A BBNL technician recently told me that FTTH will be introduced soon ( possibly by Jan/Feb 2014 ).
With 'fiber to the home' I am hoping consistent speed ,bettery quality and hopefully lesser down times.
Existing modem will be replaced with a fiber optic modem and the technician says it would be a free replacement. He also said that faster speed plans apart from the current max of 10 mbps ( unlimited download ) are also in the anvil.
Cheers to BBNL!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently on a 10 mbps( unlimited download ) plan.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/3198556273.png

BBNL sure knows how to delight customers 🙂

But their coverage isn't good, they have a very limited foot print

Its been 3 months since I shifted out of RT Nagar. Internet is the only one I miss a lot, was in 10 mbps unlimited plan for 2-3 years.Hope BBNL expand to other areas

Wow you guyz get the right things which is I cant even imagine for my City Solapur

BBNL is a regional player , I guess, going by their name. So its restricted to Bangalore. Bbnl.co.in
Its been 3 months since I shifted out of RT Nagar. Internet is the only one I miss a lot, was in 10 mbps unlimited plan for 2-3 years.Hope BBNL expand to other areas
I guess BBNL is the only ISP, giving high speeds with no FUP. This is their USP. Ghosh, it rhymes 😉

Now they have introduced the FUP policy but its better compared to other ISP as they give 1Mbps / 2 Mbps / 3 Mbps compared to 512 Kbps offered by others.
If you take a BBNL broadband, you are never going to repent - thats all I must say as of now...
Currently they offer the service through Coaxial cable which is pretty good and its the same wire they use for cable TV service.
I must say the speed is kick ass with download and upload remaining the same for all the time.
Take BBNL broadband and you are gonna be a happy person...
Time to chuck out Airtel, BSNL and Reliance...

@ alphaomega - There is FUP for all the plans which are launched recently brother. Currently am in a plan of Rs.1299 (Rs.1460/- inc. tax) which gives me a download speed of 10 Mbps till 75Gb and post that 2 Mbps unlimited.
But I must say that their plans are typically better than the biggies...
I just kicked away Airtel for their damn plans which really makes a fool to anyone. They must keep a FUP of 1 Mbps min. Being a big player, it does n't suit giving such a cheap speed of 512 Kbps and 256 Kbps as FUP. Please check for the Singtel broadband or any other Asian broad service providers. They give a max of 500 Mbps as a bandwidth for the home customers and a FUP as 20 Mbps whereas we go begging for at least 1 Mbps. Airtel, BSNL you guys just sucks to the core man! ! !

Tarun Paul said:
@ alphaomega - There is FUP for all the plans which are launched recently brother. Currently am in a plan of Rs.1299 (Rs.1460/- inc. tax) which gives me a download speed of 10 Mbps till 75Gb and post that 2 Mbps unlimited.
But I must say that their plans are typically better than the biggies...
I just kicked away Airtel for their damn plans which really makes a fool to anyone. They must keep a FUP of 1 Mbps min. Being a big player, it does n't suit giving such a cheap speed of 512 Kbps and 256 Kbps as FUP. Please check for the Singtel broadband or any other Asian broad service providers. They give a max of 500 Mbps as a bandwidth for the home customers and a FUP as 20 Mbps whereas we go begging for at least 1 Mbps. Airtel, BSNL you guys just sucks to the core man! ! !
You need to reconnect with BBNL regarding that plan you have. I am on 10 mbps at Rs.999 + tax = 1120/- unlimited.
I am surprised you have an FUP for 10 mbps plan! Unless they are treating old customers like me for loyalty 🙂

@alphaomega - You are right bro. You are an old customer and hence you are getting a true unlimited plan of 10 Mbps without any fair usage policy. I am a new customer and hence fair usage policy is being applied.
I wish I would have taken the connection a long time back.