FTTH Fiber basic plan (Rs. 449)

• Thread starter Thread starter teletalk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,077
ISP
JIO
Initially fiber basic plan was only for New connection, and after 6 months it will be migrated to fiber basic plus plan.
Now I don't see anything like that written in the BSNL portal. Does it mean now fiber basic plan is available for all customers?
Anyone recently migrated to fiber basic plan?

Hi,
For me yesterday they changed to fiber basic plus automatically, I was wondering how come without even reaching them for this serivece, now I suspect these BSNL guys did purposefully, but Fiber basic is now became permanent one and regular. Dont know what they are trying to do.. need to verify with them, I rasied complaint but no response as of now

Yes Fiber basic plan is indeed for just first 6 month for new connection. As i and my 6 friends who got the connection at same time migrated to Fiber bsic plus after 6 months.

The plan has been regularised, so you should be able to stay on the 449 plan.

"NOTE:-
However, BSNL is yet to clarify whether Fiber Basic 449 plan is open to existing customers in other FTTH plans for plan change or migration. Existing/new customers in Fiber Basic 449 plan continue in the same plan even after 6 months. We will be updating the latest developments as and when it is received from BSNL."

Yes. The 449 plan has been regularised. I was successfully able to change my plan from 599 to 449 yesterday. Just mail a plan request change to your nearest exchange or visit in person.

BSNL Latest Plans given to us. we are an BSNL TIP Franchisee - Tamilnadu Region

1a.jpg

SBLzAFT.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Raised a request on self-care portal. Got call from bsnl he gave me jto's number. JTO told me to write application to LCO. wth. And funny thing LCO says he cannot change plan, call customer care.
Any online option? Please help. I also DM Bsnl corporate on twitter regarding plan change today morning, till now no response.

Equipment, lines are capable... but BSNL not providing up to 1GBPS now.. they are providing up to 300mbps only now. if they have plans in future, we can definitely do it.. our OLT devices are capable of providing up to 2.5 Gbps download and 1.25Gbps upload as of now.

Completely different situation in here in UPW.

My connection struggles to get ~20mbps download speeds on the 1277 plan. My BNG is in agra and they are still using an old unit.

When I complain, I am told that ~40-50mbps is good enough(And I only get that 40-50mbps in speedtests to domestic locations, speeds to international servers is significantly worse(5-10mbps)).

Then, You also have to deal with the fact that these people throttle maximum speeds on a single tcp connection.