• Thread starter Thread starter anjanesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,996

anjanesh

ISP
Sify
Hi

I got a Sify connection yesterday evening (I previously was having Pacenet) - 256kbps 1GB - the download speed I've been getting so far is 28-30Kbps which is excellent but the upload is 14-15Kbps (128kbps) which I understand is that way Sify designed it - to have half or lower upload speeds.

I use FTP a lot using FileZilla and even yesterday night I could use FTP.
Today all of a sudden I can get connected to any FTP site - infact it doesnt event try to connect - but SSH (port 22) works - so is there any way to find out if Sify's client has blocked port 21 all of a sudden ?

I use User mode only, but today morning i logged in to Admin mode to delete the entry in the registry that had HKCU>..Run>BBImpsec.exe and then back to User mode.

Win XP Pro SP2

Thanks

good job. so is it working now. i think i already started this topic. and pointed it out that it is because of sify dialer. but no body seemed to believe me.i think u do. the dialer disabled file and printer sharing as well.

the dialer disabled file and printer sharing as well.[/b]
- Really ? No wonder this happened when I connected to the net in Admin mode - otherwise no setting could've possibly be changed.

Apparently the support has not given me a reply till now on this - I thought they blocked port 21.

How do I go abt enabling File and Printer Sharing ? EDIT : Got it !