• Thread starter Thread starter arnav_ch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,069

arnav_ch

Regulars
ISP
2 mbps @ 849NU(MTNL)
can u people suggest me some ftp client which has scheduling coz i am on Mtnl only hight time downloads are free.thanks.`

try smartftp...

thanks for the fast reply.will try it tonight and tell the result tomorrow

it also allows u to hibernate or shutdown ur pc after the upload/download is complete. scheduling however i have never used so cannot tell if it works just fine.u can test it right now and be sure that it would work as per your wishes at night.

the scheduler is not at all good if u can suggest me another one it would be better

thanks for the link but what i want is that it starts and stops at a particular time.cuteftp can start at a particular time but it cannot stop a time.hence , of no use to ma.for smartftp, after i shedule, the scheduler turns off itself.

Try FlashFXP. Maybe that'll fit ur needs. This is what it says in it's feature list
Internal Schedule (Transfer or Stop a queue at a specific time).[/b]

The site does claim that it can both start and stop at particular times.

Auto-Transfers: You can schedule auto-recurring transfers for any future date/time;
Transfer Sets: You can select any number of files from any FTP site or your local computer, from different directories, to download or upload. You can schedule the upload/download for any future date/time.
Flexible Templates: Results of time consuming tasks or repetitive processes can be saved into templates. You can save the following settings to templates: transfer sets (files for download or upload from any FTP site or Local computer), transfer sessions.
AutoFTP can automatically dial, connect to the Internet, upload and/or download files and finally disconnect;
You can specify in the Preferences that auto-transfers should be aborted if the connection is too slow (auto-transfer will be rescheduled automatically); This can save you connect time and money;
AutoFTP uses a Windows File Explorer-like user interface with popup menus and drag-and-drop support so you will feel at home;
AutoFTP can remain invisible while transferring files so it will not disturb your other work;
AutoFTP Assistant will guide you through the process of uploading, downloading and scheduling auto-transfers;

it will stop only after complating the files.i require stopping at 8 am irrespective of whether the file if completed or not

thanks for all ur helpi am using smartftp and flashfxp.i am still facing one problem.both have scheduler but both of them, i have to set them daily to download at 12 and stop at 8.if i went out of town for 2 days, the download will suffer.can u suggest some client that can automatically start on stop daily after setting it once.