Frustrated with Frequent Disconnections despite repeated complaints

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 8,959

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
Hello guys, i'm facing a lot of disconnections on MTNL Triband Mumbai.
I get 2 type of disconnections, i'll try to explain it.
Please see the following screenshot :

The 1st disconnection (the 3 consecutive 'Not Connected') is the disconnection that happens when the ADSL link drops and the internet reconnects after 1 minute or so. The IP address changes.

The 2nd and 3rd disconnections are the weird quick disconnections where internet loses connectivity for about 20 seconds and then regains connectivity. The IP address does not change.

I stay very far from MTNL exchange and my line stats are terrible. See below :

[color=#0000ff;] G.DMT[/color]

[color=#0000ff;] ADSL2+[/color]

Router : TP-Link TD-W8951ND (ADSL+Wifi)
Enabling/Disabling Router Firewall and Kaspersky Firewall makes no difference.
G.Dmt doesn't help either.
I face this same issue on my other router D-Link DSL 2520U as well.
I have also tried 4 splitters and even changed the wall socket (small white box) myself.

I had complained multiple times and the lineman came twice and did something.
But still no difference in the line stats and the problem is at it is.
I was previously on Xpress_UL_1000 plan, but now i've switched to DSL_UL_999 hoping that changing plan would somehow solve my problem but it didn't.
Because of the disconnections i cannot play games online and the overall internet experience is terrible.
I am very frustrated.
How the hell do i solve this issue?
Please help.

Your SNR value is way too low and Line Atten. is too high ... tell them to change port and pair and before all this try replacing your rj11 cables ( see if any oxidation is there ) .. If there are many cuts and joints in wire tell them to change pair, If MTNL babu refuse to change pair simply buy a lan cable and tell them to install that from poll to house .. LIKE MINE ( better than mtnl one )

SNR
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 6bB. or below = Bad and will experience no line synchronisation and frequent disconnections[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 7dB-10dB. = Fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 11dB-20dB. = Good with little or no disconnection problems[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 20dB-28dB. = Excellent[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 29dB. or above = Outstanding

LINE ATTEN.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 20bB. and below = Outstanding[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 20dB-30dB. = Excellent[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 30dB-40dB. = Very Good[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 40dB-50dB. = Good[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 50dB-60dB. = Poor and may experience connectivity issues[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 60dB. and above = Bad and will experience connectivity issues[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]Line attenuation also affects your speed. ALso your line is not enough gud to handle 2mbps connection . refer this [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 75 dB+: Out of range for broadband[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 60-75 dB: max speed up to 512kbps[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 43-60dB: max speed up to 1Mbps[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]* 0-42dB: speed up to 2Mbps+[/color]
HEres mine stat

Just talking to the linesman will not do as they are no way equipped technically or intellectually to handle this problem as they are more attuned to the old ways of handling only voice traffic. I suggest that you visit the exchange & meet the DE or SDE for your area they look after the copper lines if that does not solve the problem then meet the DGM who handles broadband for your area at your exchange if that does not help write to GM/DGM (Broadband) at Prabhadevi the email id’s are posted on this forum as a sticky, even the ED’s id can be found there.

@lilliput22 : You said to buy a lan cable means this one-
? How can this be installed or u ar talking about the normal telephone wire which MTNL has on the line from pole to modem? Which is a black kind a thin wire.

Apurv Gupta said:
@lilliput22 : You said to buy a lan cable means this one-
? How can this be installed or u ar talking about the normal telephone wire which MTNL has on the line from pole to modem? Which is a black kind a thin wire.
yep this one . This can be used as a pair . While getting internet connection Mtnl babus said " MTNL nanga ho chuka hai , hamare paas koi pair nahi hai " . So i ordered 100m lan cable out of which approx. 70m is used ( mtnl poll in front of my house totally damaged , so on my request they give me connection from poll which is located 2 blocks away - approx- 60m )
Heres sum pics

Heres Line Stat , Pretty OK Line atten. is high as not using splitter

That's great, i have huge wire of LAN lying around when i used to have IPTV. So telephone will run fine using this cable? and pole is just down near my house.
btw which exchange are u from in delhi?

Apurv Gupta said:
That's great, i have huge wire of LAN lying around when i used to have IPTV. So telephone will run fine using this cable? and pole is just down near my house.
btw which exchange are u from in delhi?
Yep telephone is also connected through it . I live around 2.5 k.m away from Najafgarh Exchange - Goyla Mour SHivpuri part 2

Btw using this lan cable is better than the normal black wire of mtnl? I mean in clarity and line attenuation etc.?

Apurv Gupta said:
Btw using this lan cable is better whan the normal black wire of mtnl? I mean in clarity and line attenuation etc.?
Yep it has better copper quality luks pure gold in color rather than mtnl's stock cable which has little bit blackish copper . I have no hissing sound in phone . Line atten. is high maybe because of distance from poll and no splitter

@lilliput22
The port and pair are to be changed from exchange/server side?
They installed new phone wiring to my house as recently as December last year and said it doesnt have any cuts or joints.

GameTanx said:
@lilliput22
The port and pair are to be changed from exchange/server side?
They installed new phone wiring to my house as recently as December last year and said it doesnt have any cuts or joints.
YEP,Tell them to do so , if they dont u can complaint at higher authority. P.S MTNL babus and aunties dont even know what SNR and line atten is