Frozen Kindle 3 Wifi - Any service centers in Chennai?

kattuviriyan

Regular
ISP
Airtel Broadband
My Kindle 3 Wifi model got stuck few days back and I am unable to reset it( all methods like long slide, pin reset) does not work. It's not easy to open it to remove and reinsert the battery. Tried it with the help of YouTube video, and it's beyond my capability( of the tools I use)Is there a place where I can get this serviced in Chennai?It was bought from US 2 years back. I have read several books using it( it helped me get back to my reading habits). Now it's lying useless :sorrow:BTW, I rooted it a month back to enable Tamil fonts. Not sure if that has anything to with this issue.

If you are in Chennai, you can go to the mobile repair guys in ritchie st and give them a shot. They are pretty good and should be able to do the battery reinsert quite easily.

I agree. Some mobile shops are quite versatile and can solve many issues. The tiny start-off-hold switch in my cowon D2 mp3 player became faulty. It was repaired in a mobile service shop (as per advise given by cowon dealer).These guys are good in dismantling such devices, replacing batteries and repairing visible faults. My kindle 3 too froze today while reading a large pdf file (samskrit); luckily it started working after a master restart - holding the switch to the right for several seconds. Normally I don't switch the device off; just leave it to get into screen saver mode after reading.