Frequent pixellation on many channels

• Thread starter Thread starter punekar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,165

punekar

ISP
BSNL Dataone
For the last 6 months, I have been facing frequent pixellation on many channels. I have the latest Zenega STB. First, the technicians came and adjusted the LNB. But nothing improved. Then they took the STB and said that they reprogrammed it. Still no luck. Then STB was replaced. Still no luck. Today, the Dish and LNB was replaced as well. The freezes and pixellations are a bit less. But still there. So far, I have spent close to Rs. 2000 in whole process and yet I am not satisfied with the picture quality. Almost everything is new except the cable. The service fellow refuses to replace the cable since its concealed.Do others see some picture freezes as well? All the transponders are showing signal quality of 80 or above. Signal strength is between 70-80. Any ideas? I dont want to abandon DishTV since I have been using their service since they started almost 6 years ago. Now spending all this money, I feel I should have switched to some other service provider. I am in the Pune area.

m also from pune..may be u should check d cable..was it cut in between earlier??d positioning of d dish shud be good..d view of d sky from d dish must be clear of all buildings and trees...a new building in ur locality in last 6 mnths??

m also from pune..may be u should check d cable..was it cut in between earlier??d positioning of d dish shud be good..d view of d sky from d dish must be clear of all buildings and trees...a new building in ur locality in last 6 mnths??

Positioning of dish is good.. I have to check some nearby DishTV houses to see if they have a similar problem. You are right about the cable. That is the only old piece of hardware left in my house since both the Dish and STB are brand new. The problem is that the DishTV technician is not willing to replace the concealed cable. The problem is that they tried with an external cable too and the picture still pixellated every now and then.

The rate of pixellation is around once every couple of minutes. Some channels are worse than others. Sometimes, I see no pixellation for even 10 mins at a stretch. Makes me think its the extra compression that DishTV is pumping in to cram in more channels per transponder. So my only hope might be to shift to Tata Sky.

These are my strength and quality numbers. Are these low? As I said with new STB, Dish and LNB, my pixellation problem continues on many channels. BTW, it doesnt happen on any Free-To-Air channels.Transponder Strength Quality 12688 73 82 12595 73 82 12534 75 83 11172 80 87 11038 78 85 12595 72 80 12647 73 81 10990 70 79Thanks. Really getting very frustrated even after spending so much money.

I have my own problem with my dish tv service. I have samsung full hd 37 inch tv and also dishtv(not hd) bought about two and half years ago. Until recently i was using my local cable tv service as it was cheaper and he was providing almost 200 channels for just 170 rs at excellent picture quality. But since recently a technical issue cropped up where by the tv started receiving intermittent white snow like horizontal waves resulting in my hathway stb burnout(hathway stb was connected to my local cable tv service). Since cable guy was not attending to this problem, I had connected to my dish tv to my tv. ButI am not at all satisfied with the picture quality. THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE CHANNELS PIXEL FORMATION IS THERE WHENEVER THERE IS FASTER MOVEMENT SCENE IN THE PICTURE OR BRIGHT LIGHT COMES IN THE PICTURE. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. IT IS QUITE ANNOYING TO SEE THAT KIND OF PICTURE BY SPENDING LOT OF MONEY. OR DO I NEED TO GO FOR HD SERVICE WITH MY DISH TV? I WILL BE HAPPY IF THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED WITH MY EXISTING STB. MY SIGNAL STRENGTH IS AROUND 90 AND QUALITY IS AROUND 85 TO 89.

----------

correction:
signal strength is around 76 and quality 85 to 89

These are my strength and quality numbers. Are these low? As I said with new STB, Dish and LNB, my pixellation problem continues on many channels. BTW, it doesnt happen on any Free-To-Air channels.

Transponder Strength Quality
12688 73 82
12595 73 82
12534 75 83
11172 80 87
11038 78 85
12595 72 80
12647 73 81
10990 70 79

Thanks. Really getting very frustrated even after spending so much money.

My saga of bad DishTV continues. As a last ditch effort, I had the technician change the complete concealed cable running from the LNB to the STB. The pixellation may be down a 5% or so. But it is still very much there. So I now have spent close Rs. 2000 buying a new STB, Dish, LNB and cable and still not found a solution to the problem. Feel really cheated by these DishTV goons.

Do others with concealed cables see pixellation on channels? There are some electric wires running in the same conduit running from my terrace to the living room. Could there be some electrical interference?

I have basically reached of giving up now and moving to Tata Sky. I wonder if that would show similar issues.

hah! This is a pan-India problem..its not your device or any cable/signal related issue...I have notice that way back when watching KBC on Sony. May be because of re-scaling of channels is behind the issue.

----------

one thing you can do is avoid electrical interferences on cable.

In my case sudden pixalation on screen fo 3-5 second then it goes normal but it happens every 30-40 minutes.

----------

Mate...avoid SMS lingo..o else you will get banned..Admin has clearly mentioned it on Forum Rule. Rest you wish 🙂

hah! This is a pan-India problem..its not your device or any cable/signal related issue...I have notice that way back when watching KBC on Sony. May be because of re-scaling of channels is behind the issue.

----------

one thing you can do is avoid electrical interferences on cable.

In my case sudden pixalation on screen fo 3-5 second then it goes normal but it happens every 30-40 minutes.

----------

Mate...avoid SMS lingo..o else you will get banned..Admin has clearly mentioned it on Forum Rule. Rest you wish 🙂

I could live with the pixellation if it happened 30-40 mins. In my case, the picture freezes every 5 mins or so. But it is quite random sometimes. So its quite possible, that DishTV wallahs have conned me into shelling out money when none was really needed.

I might try to go for an external cable to see if the electric interference is affecting it. BTW, there was a cut in the concealed cable before. Now it has been rectified. One long 19 metre cable. Maybe its too long and causes a signal drop.

I could live with the pixellation if it happened 30-40 mins. In my case, the picture freezes every 5 mins or so. But it is quite random sometimes. So its quite possible, that DishTV wallahs have conned me into shelling out money when none was really needed.

I might try to go for an external cable to see if the electric interference is affecting it. BTW, there was a cut in the concealed cable before. Now it has been rectified. One long 19 metre cable. Maybe its too long and causes a signal drop.

Yes my stb gives lot of pixellation and freezing of picture for 2-3 seconds every 5 minutes

looks, zee is in problem, they danced as many HD with them, so ppls attract, now its simple for HD, they sacrified pixel bucket.....................how u can hide from truth, i never understand

Yes my stb gives lot of pixellation and freezing of picture for 2-3 seconds every 5 minutes

Well, that gives me some comfort that I am not alone. As someone said it might be due to pumping in too many HD channels on the same platform which is causing these issues.

Thanks for sharing.

Im in Pune too...
No problems for me...!!...Using Dish TruHD
Which area....??

Think True HD user getting good Quality.

Im in Pune too...
No problems for me...!!...Using Dish TruHD
Which area....??

I am in Ghorpadi area. But I don't have TruHD. If I ever move to HD, it will be Tata Sky HD+ for sure. Saw it a friends house and the quality and interface was fantastic.

I am in Ghorpadi area. But I don't have TruHD. If I ever move to HD, it will be Tata Sky HD+ for sure. Saw it a friends house and the quality and interface was fantastic.

My 6-month long saga finally came to an end yesterday. Many technicians came and went. One of them suggested that I keep the STB outside the TV cabinet so that it would be better cooled. That didnt help. Finally, one smart fellow told us that our VC card was faulty. I had no idea how he determined that. The condition here was that a replacement VC card would cost me Rs. 400. I told the service center that I would pay only if the problem did indeed get fixed considering I had already paid close to Rs. 2000 for all the replacements done. That was not acceptable to them. So I told them I was going with TataSky. Finally, some manager type person agreed. So they came and changed my card. Pairing with the new card took around 3 hours. Lo and behold, no pixellation, whatsover. Simply unbelievable. I have to pinch myself to believe that the problem has indeed gone away.

So now, I have new Dish, new STB, new LNB, new cable and finally a new VC card. Need to still pay the Rs. 400. Apart from the money, the amount of headache and numerous technicians (duffers) that I had to endure was priceless (to use a term from a credit card ad campaign).

Hoping that my story might benefit someone someday.