Frequent internet disconnection due to junction box problems

• Thread starter Thread starter satya_461
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,370

satya_461

ISP
ACT Broadband
I've started facing this issue very frequently these days. Last time the reason was "the house where the junction box was put up, didn't pay electricity bill"

Everytime there is some other or the reason at the junction box.

I even bought Airtel 3G dongle due to unstablity of ACT Broadband. Can't rely on the so called "ACT FIBERNET"

what good is FIBERNET when it is not stable...

FYI, Complaint numbers are

0002561383 - resolved on Aug 21
0002571523 - resolved on Aug22
0002574450 - pending as on Aug23

I will keep this page open and keep adding information about junction box problems.

Last edited:
Happened again third time consecutively :sweating::sweating::devil::devil:

Dear Satya,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Thank you for sharing your complaints numbers. We will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

The response by act for this ridiculous junction box problem. They are okay with me disconnecting my account also but not provide an alternative. This is in 2022 we are talking.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Greetings from ACT Fibernet !!

This is in reference to your email informing us about the connectivity issue on your ACT account number 102012691220

We regret the inconvenience caused.

We would like to confirm that as part of our network completeness, we will need to have a junction box with a live power supply at the last leg of the network.

In your case, the customer at whose premises we had set up this junction box has apparently vacated and the power supply is switched off.

Our team is trying to find an alternate location to place this box and we are yet to get positive confirmation from other customers. Our representatives have reached out to you for the same and you have expressed your inability to provide permission as you are staying in rented accommodation.

In case you have a change of situation can you be able to extend the permission to set up the junction box, please do revert to this mail and our team will take this forward.

We regret that till such time the power supply to the junction box is not restored, internet services cannot be reinstated.

We look forward to a resolution at the earliest for this, appreciate your patience in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Avudaiyappan
Team ACT

Their service is totally dependent on area. I have ACT at home and its been rock solid with absolutely no interruptions meanwhile the ACT connection at work which is barely 2kms away was facing disruptions on a daily basis, tons of emails, tickets and calls and it would still blank out randomly every other day. Ended up cancelling the ACT connection at work and opting for Hathway instead.