frequent disconnnection while there is no noise in line

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
I am using ULD 850 Combo plan and after using up 8GB @ 2mbps, speed is throttled to 512kbps(as per BSNL). but, I see frequent disconnections almost unusable. There is no noise from the line. I checked DSL modem for some stats. here are the details:SNR Margin : downstream- 10 upstream - 6 ( it goes worst to 6 for downstream)line attenuation - downstream- 48.0 , upstream-74.9line attenuation was always around 40-45 range for the past 8 years with BSNL broadband and worked fine.What should be done with frequent disconnections?

call the lineman and tell him that adsl light keeps on blinking every now and then..he will then check connections in your home and dp box...he will clean the copper wire connections to remove black carbon deposits and will tighten any loose connections..after this u will see an increse in r snr margins....more the snr margin more stable will be your connection

I don't think that is the issue. because, lineman came like two weeks back and cleaned all contacts, replaced cable from box(placed outside) to Telephone. where I live it is monsoon season and I doubt cable faults can be a possible cause. I was asked to report to local exchange when I called 1500 to register a complaint.

Is the box outside covered ?
Yes Yes. now that rain has stopped(or lessen) in 2 days, the disconnection and speed issues are not showing up. is it a cable fault? 😱