Frequent Disconnections

gsgs

Regulars
hello pplcame across this forum by chance and ever since have been stuck to it. Well, I hv 2 problems1.--------> USB or LAN? I know this topic hv been posted already but still no harm in a second opinion I guess. :unsure: 2.---------> I'm not getting link during the noon time or after around 9 p.m or so until around 2 to 3 a.m. In the noon may its due to the traffice as all the offices are hooked on to net but damn even at 2 or 3 a.m.!!! Rest assured that no problems with my phone line as I recently got the BSNL people get it changed right up to the pole :p Plz help me out people..........as I need constant connectivity due to my profession and this is not helping me and if not resolved I vl be forced to go for another connection and even that is a problem coz I ain't got much of options available to me :( In great anticipations....... :blink:

jgnt

disconnection: as far as disconnection is concerned, this was not the case until yesterday night after 9. p.m. i got disconnected for the first time, i dont know what happned. I dont think, there is frequent disconnection as far as my area is concerned.

gsgs

Regulars
hmmmm.........dats not a bad thing I guess or is it???coz as for me...........I have it at least 50 times but only during the peak hrs (to precisly describe the duration in which the modem bugs me!) and I hv to restore to the gud ol' dialup else I lose work :( result being I end up paying for both and to avoid that if I dnt get any help from all you guys out here..........I may have to consider another connection but even in that case.........my options are limitedMay be you too had a traffice problem ???

sundar_milo

Regular
Regulars
Are these disconnections happen from day one u bought the service or for a recent time?.I also faced some probs last two days.i called them and they said that its due to service maintenance and will be ok after 3-4 hours.Now its ok and i live in chennai.

jgnt

Yes, now i am starting to get disconnections and/or getting connections very late, sometimes 15 to 20 minutes to get connection, no idea why, is BSNL loosing out their connectivity or is it bcos of many people getting connections these days!!!

gb_baran

Regular
Regulars
Even my line is totally blocked out for the past 10 days. I get connected only for a limited hours and the speeds are PATHETIC... It seems there is a problem with the main line leading to my home town. Thats what they told me from BSNL and it was also put up on the newspaper that there is no connectivity at all during most of the hours. BSNL kinda sucks

gsgs

Regulars
friends.......my guess is traffice coz just like airtel more n' more people are getting on it and not to mention our govt. sectors who "leech" on to it during office hrs coz in the day time its during the office hrs epsecially the lunch break and later at night I guess ..........most of the chatting friends coz I must say that BSNL has a good stability and now with the 900 rs UL plan..........man!!!!and no its not from the day but just that the duration of disconnections have increased. I got a new wire from phone straight to my PC (got it changed recently after 57 calls!!!!) and I not more than 1-1/2 km from the exchange and not to mention I'm in Chd. If I need to reinstall and update the drivers as I got the 1.0.0.1 version ...........plz guideI guess........just like all you ppl out there ..............v' r' stuck!!!!! :(

gsgs

Regulars
QUOTE(gsgs @ Jun 30 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]54850[/snapback]
hello ppl

came across this forum by chance and ever since have been stuck to it. Well, I hv 2 problems

1.--------> USB or LAN? I know this topic hv been posted already but I think it wud help if I can hv an idea about wot the majority is sticking to?

2.---------> I'm not getting link during the noon time or after around 9 p.m or so until around 2 to 3 a.m. In the noon may its due to the traffice as all the offices are hooked on to net but damn even at 2 or 3 a.m.!!! Rest assured that no problems with my phone line as I recently got the BSNL people get it changed right up to the pole :p

Plz help me out people..........as I need constant connectivity due to my profession and this is not helping me and if not resolved I vl be forced to go for another connection and even that is a problem coz I ain't got much of options available to me :(

In great anticipations.......
[/b]

c'mon friends........any suggestions???? I have tried banging my head with the BSNL ppl but first of all they don't pick up the damn phone...........and even if you get thru........no satisfactory reply. Once or twice I had been told by a gentleman that they will check my line and to keep my phone free for sometime........but of no avail...........(n' somehow I coudn't get to talk to that person again coz he seemed reasonable enufff............I wonder how come coz I called up at the same time and then every plus +6 hrs to rule out the shift change thingy)

shud I upgrade the drivers of my modem (Huawei SmartAX MT882) or get it replaced (which wnt be an easy task............n' I guess you guys must be aware why B) )

I hope all u' gud men out there vl cm forward with you're "expertise" coz its urgent as my livelihood depends on my connectivity........in other words...........for me its my roti, kapda aur makan :huh:

aninda_d

Just a couple of observations:1> Check your modem setting through web interface. Change WAN setting to RFC2864PureBridged.2> Often something called PORT has a problem. This is in the exchange where your phone line gets terminated. Bug BSNL to reset the port. They don't want to do it because they have to call up Bangalore.

gsgs

Regulars
QUOTE(aninda_d @ Jul 8 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]55308[/snapback]
Just a couple of observations:

1> Check your modem setting through web interface. Change WAN setting to RFC2864PureBridged.

[/b]

how?????? :blink:..............plz advice!