frequent disconnections and low snr margins...

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 21,418
is it connected to splitter? otherwise shudnt happen

Yes, it is connected to the splitter. But the problem arises when the phone in the other room is picked up (same connection, just two handsets). The phone near the router is connected through splitter and does not pose any problems as such. I think my line isn't capable of sustaining 2 Mbps. But now that I'm addicted to it, I can't get it reduced as well.

just get 1 more splitter and attach to other phone as well. and ur prob shud solve.

splitter splits DSL signal from voice signal. when ur phone in other room is picked up the voice signals disturb the DSL signal hence ur ADSL light start flickring. so line from other room wud go to splitter and then from splitter to phone and hence ur prob shud get solved.

yup, put another splitter and your problem will be solved.just put a line from the splitter to the phone and nothing on the adsl line of the splitter.

Dudes,Need info on shop names(preferably Tel Numbers) where I can get extra splitters in Mumbai.All the places I know only sell them bundled with the ADSL modem.Any place where I can pick them up in Lamington?

there is sunil shopping center right opposite navrang cinema, andheri (w)there are 2-3 comp shops.. u shud get 1 there.

Thanks Amish,Will check them out on MondayDamn rains........been pouring all day especially the whole afternoon in my area.Locals and BEST both out of order 🙁

guys help me out....

still low snr margin (3-7)... today i separated all the phones and made them after splitter so now all the phones go through splitter and splitter is directly connected to line.... but no diffrence only my line attenuation decreased from 42 to 38....... but the problem still exist, my connection disconnects in every minute due to low snr margin...
currently my status is as follows...

wat shud i do knw... i don't wana call cc, but can they increase my snr margin???

Dunno wat's happenin to my connection 🙁It gets disconnected every 1 hr or so 🙁and doen't reconnect for abt 1/2 an hour 🙁Also, when I try to download a file of say 100mb, 🙁it stops downloading only after 20 min 🙁Wat do u suppose shud I do? 🙁(My SNR margin is fine) 🙁

I pose all of the problems mentioned by u guys so what SHALL I DO?????.and my plan is TribB 200P (The one exclusive in Mumbai.maybe...).AND I GET ALL THE PROBLEMS MENTIONED ABOVE and i have ADSL 2+Router and model GLB-502T,please help me guys i am a n00b at internet.