frequent disconnections and low snr margins...

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 21,425
But my speed is 256K, With this speed, it will take many years to open a DVD library. :rofl:

Any we diverted from the problem. 🙁

My internet just goes off every few minutes for few seconds. It reconnects again with a new IP. I have not been able to download even a 10MB file. 😢

Man u r damn lucky, If I would have got fluctuating dynamic ip like you, I would have opened dvd library at my house!😛
Also ur connection is absolutely stable, don't worry enjoy unlimited free downloads at link-removed, link-removed, etc.

OpenDNS post your line stats of uour modem such as SNR margin, attentuation etc...

@ Ace_NeoThanks for ur reply. These are details which I think are fine. Pls suggest what needs to be done.Item Downstream Upstream UnitSNR Margin 42.5db 13.0db dBLine Attenuation 20.5db 10.5db dBLoss of Signal 0 0 CRC Errors 0 0 Data Rate 253 Kbps 253 Kbps kbpsLatency Fast FastThanks & RegardsMG.

Your line stats seems to be fine.Do you have any parallel telephone line connected?If so,this could be of the problem for disconnection.Try to connect direct telephone line to your modem(all telephone connection disconnected from socket except to modem) and then check if you r getting any disconnections.Do this first and post if u r getting any problems....:thumbsup:

Dear Mukesh, problem is there with settings of broadband for your mtnl no in the main server. Nothing can be dont from ur end.

Follow this procedure->
1. Visit MTNL back office at your telephone exchange.
2. Go to QCS, take gate pass to meet BROADBAND DIVISIONAL OFFICER for your area.
3. Meet him, politely convey ur problem to him, if he's smart enough 2 understand ur problem he'll open setting page on main server and solve ur problem immeaditely.
4. Try for increasing speed if u desire, if u r lucky u can get 2048 speed in same plan, they have full access to ur account, all u've 2 do is to impress them.(I've seen people still using 590NU plan and getting 2048 speed in mumbai)

Before going to take this step run full virus scan with softs like avast 4.8/avg and spyware detection with softs like spyware doctor, etc.
Sometimes hackers track ur IPs!

SNR Margin 42.5db 13.0db dB
Line Attenuation 20.5db 10.5db dB
Loss of Signal 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Data Rate 253 Kbps 253 Kbps kbps
Latency Fast Fast

SNR margin of 42.5 is damn good, keep it up!

Hi, i'm new to this forum,i'm also fade up with frequent snaps,but, i want to know how to check SNR attenuation?

ADSL link light blinks = 100% telephone line problem may be noise,too much of cuts. results SNR below 20. Single Solution = Complaint Dial "198" :thumb:

What is the equipment to check Telephone pole's SNR? can I check the SNR of my neighbor's tel line , he might not have ADSL connection. How do engineers exactly change the DSLAM port to the DE/JTO at the exchange? Currently my SNR is 3.0 , It stayed 6.5 this morning. does Sunday (holiday) has anything to do with SNR ??

What is the equipment to check Telephone pole's SNR? can I check the SNR of my neighbor's tel line , he might not have ADSL connection.

How do engineers exactly change the DSLAM port to the DE/JTO at the exchange?
Currently my SNR is 3.0 , It stayed 6.5 this morning. does Sunday (holiday) has anything to do with SNR ??

Hi Jnathan, If your SNR Margin is fluctuating from 6.5 to 3.0. Then the problem mainly is with your line. Call your customercare.....

I too am getting frequent DC 🙁

Well, I am facing lot of slow browsing speeds. Pages don't load. Is anyone else facing the issue? What abt you? Socrates?