frequent disconnections and low snr margins...

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 21,437
Well, I am facing lot of slow browsing speeds. Pages don't load. Is anyone else facing the issue? What abt you? Socrates?

Yup I am facing slow DL & pathetic speeds some sites I have to refresh at least 3 times esp this site 🙁 I use opendns !!!!!

This is how I solved my low SNR and Slower speed problem1. Changed the 1 pair black shielded cable from my home to the telephone pole's box. Lineman used some sort of jelly after making the screws tight to avoid rust and oxidization ; he didnt mention the name of the jelly though . [this was done 3 months ago]2. At home I checked and found that the tip of the copper wire is blackish, it means it has exposed to carbon,oxidization or any other things from the wind or room; I dont smoke and its a clean room but it has moisture. so used a rough sand paper.3. checked the ADSL splitter box and found some half dead ants inside that box, cleaned out those ants immediately stopped disconnection problem.I could download stuffs overnight at the speed of over 60KB/s but this morning after 10 hours of continuous usage -- at 9.000am this morning the modem has been disconnected from the exchange and since then speed came to 8.0KB/sec. So ADSL is a game !

@jnathan Thanks for the solution but I check out all possible problems (like the one you mentioned about oxidation) at our end ( & I think krish does the same) before we complain 🙂 In my case MTNL has for some reduced the sync rate to 492 for a 512 plan

First of all, here is my status!
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8402/adslstatus2cb7.jpg
Steps in order to increase SNR(I did and my SNR jumped from 12 to 32)->

1. Call babus by complaining @197 or 1504(I think by now every1 knows who they are)

2. Try to install direct cable from the place where MTNL has setup big boxes in ur society to your splitter.

3. Take babus to that place tell them to remove wires from big boxes to remove dust from contact terminals with help of polish paper or files

4. Try for any open slot(If feasible) and tell them to connect it to main terminals.(these are the blue mtnl pillars on edge of road where every1 stick advertisements, now turned red)

5. Put that wire coming from big box to your splitter directly(Do not make RJ11 socket on wall)

6. Do connections thereafter as per procedure

Enjoy increased SNR!!:thumbsup:
(I even get SNR margin 34-35 at nights):yahoo:
(This is very long procedure and time consuming, I wasted my 3 consecutive days in this procedure)

My line attenuations are still very high, does any1 knows how 2 decrease them?:wall:

wow u guys really go to xtreme for ur MTNL connection 😀

If you noticed after 1 hour link SNTP down error in LOG don't know why 🙁

To be very honest with you people. MTNL Now Sucks.
At first when you get a new connection then it works really great for 6 - 12 months and then after it gives you a problem like Frequent disconnection and Speed Fluctuation(Which is very common that everbody faces).
I am sick and tired of calling CC again and again and now i am thinking of cutting down the connection and switching to reliance.

I have a 512Kbps Unlimited Combo Plan and you can see that my downstream rate is around 2mbps so you are thinking that i must be getting a download speed of 230kbps.

No I am not getting a speed as per downstream rate. I am getting an average speed of 60kbps and now it's been over a week that i am getting a frequent disconnection. I can't even browse properly But the strange thing is that torrent is working fine.I am getting a full speed in torrent maybe because torrent uses different port.
I have resetted/Re-Checked my router. I am using Open DNS.

Anyone Know How it can be resolve?

Low SNR hit me once again this morning since 11am. its persisting. People, please tell me if there is any SNR booster I can buy, calling the customer care has not helped me, they want the SNR to be increased, I have done all, today its good, tomorrow its bad, this is whats going on with me.