frequent disconnections and low snr margins...

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 21,435

nuclearsam

Regulars
ISP
MTNL, Airtel, Excitel, Jio Fibre
hi

i m facing this problem from about 2 weeks . i am getting frequent disconnection in about every 5-10 seconds :wall:. i tried calling cc but they say that evrything is fine from there side and there is some problem in my line or internal wiring. i checked my router stat and found that my snr margin is very low around 4-6. does it show something serious?? i tried changing from multimode to G.dmt but no diffrence... i m in bridge mode using windows xp dialer to connect.

please tell me the reason of this problem and possible solution for it..

here is a screen shot of my router configuration page...

now snr margin reached to 9-10 and the connection was also stable for 15 mins. but the speed was very low.... then the speed increased and snr margin declined and i got disconnected.... with increase in speed my snr margin decreases and also frequency of diconnections increases.....🙁 wat shud i do???

here is another screen shot...

please tell me the exact meaning of these snr margin line attenuation max Tx power etc etc.....

please guys give some advice....

Yes ur SNR is too low for ur connection to be stable. I would recommend that ur line shud be directly connected to ur router....i.e no telephones before router.Also if possible, if there's static noise on ur line. Get it checked, change the telephone wire from ur box to ur home, try changing ur splitter

u r getting low SNR margin even at 256k speed. are u too far from exchange? if not, there is def connection problem somewhere.

Try T1.413 if ur DSL 502T has that as a separate mode..that should give u max SNR that u can get with disturbances on the line.U will not get a stable connex unless u get that SNR margin up to a consistent 10 and above..its an internal wiring issue most probably..i wud suggest that u check that..also cud be prob. of a malfunctioning splitter as well.

I'm also getting very low speeds and frequent disconnections :wall:Though my SNR margin(27) hasn't decreased. Sanchaar Haat Guys say that the problem is on my side and everythin on their side is working perfectly well. 🙁 P.S> Had to login 3 times to write this one post! P.S> And now it's 4....

hey even i am facing frequent disconnectionsdid any one gettin disconnections every 3-4 hrs ??btw my snr margin is 29attenuation is 8which are quite ok i guess

I hope ppl here are aware that default disconnection time for MTNL delhi is 8 hrs and MTNL mumbai is 6 hrs..

btw sanke1.. disconnection every 3-4 is not SO frequent! and check ur usage records is it EXACT 3hrs? then ur exchange must have kept autodisconnect every 3hrs.. in my case its 6hrs

Now after a month of frequent disconnections, my connection is back to being stable :thumbsup:SNR Margin- 31Attenuation-18

I don't think I did nethinFor 20 days or so, I was getting frequent disconnections and low speedsAnd now, without my doing nethin, it's all come back to being completely fine!

@ amishNo no disconnections since todayrunnin perfectly since 12 hrsi doubt theres anything like auto reboot after x hrs as i asked same at prabhadevi xchange and they said no such thing has been implemented

well... here it disconnects exactly every 6hrs, precise to second. if i connect at 10:50:51, i wud def get d/c at 16:50:51. my system logs also show the connection period as 360 mins exact. mtnl usage site also show start time and end time 360mins exact.may be its not implemented for NU users? no idea.btw do u use bridged mode or pppoe mode?

hey nuclear -1. First check ur cables etc2. If everythin fine - ask Cust Care to reduce your Download speed to 256 kpps from 2 MBPS - that will solve ur probs...

Yup, even I don't get disconnected until I manually do soI don't think dere's ne such system in MTNL Delhi or perhaps NU