Frequent disconnections and drop of Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Ras Al Ghul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,617
ISP
SIFY Limited
So i used a Airtel BB with Binatone DT820 Modem and a Netgear Router.This sunday the idiot shopwalaon my ground floor tied a bamboo to the same pole that has the Airtel box.While tying he tied the rope and the bamboo over the wires coming out of the box.

Since then the line has become really poor.Will have frequent disconnections during rain will be ok otherwise.From today even during no rain the speed has dropped to about 4.5-5mbps

xh2H9cC.png

Thats the statistic from the modem.The wiring line has gone bad?

Problem wth the wire?

@x720
@chromaniac

airtel is pretty quick to respond to my complaints about broadband even these days. just ping them on twitter and they should get back to you. not sure if their response time is similar around the country :\

I'm assuming you're on 8 mbps?

Ensure that you get a single joint free wire from the pole. Moreover is the DP box covered?

The box is covered.I guess that idiot who tied the bamboo to the pole spoilt the wire.

The speed has increased to about 5.5mbps.But still poor.

TBH i used to get excellent speed and uptime before this incident happened.

CRC is cyclic redundancy check. In simple terms, it is a error detection method used to determine whether the data is received as is sent.

CRC errors increase under noisy conditions.

I do not know what HEC is. Sorry.

CRC is cyclic redundancy check. In simple terms, it is a error detection method used to determine whether the data is received as is sent.

CRC errors increase under noisy conditions.

I do not know what HEC is. Sorry.
High CRC means high error and noise in the line?

Had tweeted them and the issue was not resolved.Just had a talk with their Nodal Team,hope this gets resolved.Else may have to look for something else.