frequent disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter crosswire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,380

crosswire

ISP
BSNL broadband
I am having frequent disconnection of my broadband, that is every few minutes making it impossible to download anything. Contacted the exchange and they came to rectify it pretty quickly i must say. They changed my modem, changed the line but still the problem persists and they too dont have any idea about this. Any suggestions or anything else to check out.

Check your splitter. Make sure that all connections come after splitter. Check this diagram

Try connecting directly to the modem and check.

Post your SNR and Attenuation values. Make sure that the line is clean has almost no joints and non insulated parts.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Also check the power adapter. Presume that they changed while changing the modem.

I am using new splitter and the connections are the same as in the diagram.Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 32.9 28.1 Attenuation (dB): 34.5 18.1 BSNL guys changed my line and there is only one joint before the splitter.Yup i am using new adapter.

could be because your attenuation values are too high ?!?!by 'directly' he wants you to connect the incoming telephone line to the modem, bypassing the splitter. you can try that out and see if the disconnection persists. if doesn't, you may have to replace your splitter.

I am not getting a dsl connection by directly connecting the line 🙁

ok, connect the splitter back on.

maybe you live too far from the exchange. sometimes low voltage also causes loss of dsl link.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

try disconnecting the 'phone out' line from the splitter(connect only the line in & adsl out), and check.

ensure that there is no telephone connected parallel to the splitter input.