• Thread starter Thread starter srk006
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,411

srk006

Regulars
ISP
BB Home Combo UL 750 & MTS MBlaze
Hi guys, From the past 4 days I am experiencing very high disconnections. Today the disconnection is very high-the link goes down every 25-30 sec. :wall: Its impossible to browse. No idea what the problem is. I am using Huawei MT880 and I have pasted the screenshot of the summary page.

Is the values atten. etc. ok??

your SNR is too low for downstream & low for upstream.it must be greater than 10 & usually around 25.try G.DMT operation mode instead of ADSL2 & see if it helps.if it does not then contact your local exchange & get your line checked.your downstream attn is also a bit high but main problem seems to be with SNR.

Thanks for the reply whitestar_999. 🙂

Changed to G.DMT; atten. decreased to 32.5 but still the ADSL link goes down! What else can I do before approaching the BSNL guys?

downstream SNR is still only 9db.that is why ADSL link is going down.restart the modem(keep it off for around 5 min) & then check the SNR.it must increase to above 15 & preferably above 20 to get a steady connection.if you haven't change anything in modem settings since last 4-5 days then maybe there is some problem in the line(repair work etc.).also remove any telephone & just connect the line to modem through splitter & then see if SNR increases.

Also get your line checked, is there any disturbance during calls??some noises and something of that sort huh??

Line seems to be perfectly clear. Will call them up tomm. That'll be a nightmare, i suppose. 😡

1) Get the line checked from the lineman. If everything is clear, then request him to change the vertical. If this also doesn't help, then request him to change the port temporarily and check whether you are getting a stable link on this new port.2) Use some different Modem/Adapter/Splitter and check whether the link is stable.I also had a similar problem and my problem was sloved after i bought and installed a new modem from BSNL.So hopefully, your problem will be sloved.

Hi guys, From the past 4 days I am experiencing very high disconnections. Today the disconnection is very high-the link goes down every 25-30 sec. :wall: Its impossible to browse. No idea what the problem is. I am using Huawei MT880 and I have pasted the screenshot of the summary page.

Is the values atten. etc. ok??

Well buddy i seem to understand your problem. Completely
This was the same thing that was happening to me the same about 2-3 weeks ago
I don;t think there was any fault in anything
This was fixed after 3-4 days of troubling automatically without doing anything
SO i think the patience is the key here
Hope i helped..😛

Wolf2009

@srk006 These are my settings now. MT882.
ADSL Settings ADSL Configuration allows user to configure ADSL setting. Name Value ADSL Modulation Multimode EC/FDM Mode FDM BitSwap Enable

ADSL State Show Time
Data Path Interleave
DSP Version D.57.2.17 Operation Mode G.DMT
Output Power 10.3 dB
Upstream DownStream ADSL Link Speed 512 Kbps
ADSL Link Speed 2048 KbpsPrevious Tx-Rate 0 KbpsPrevious Rx-Rate 0 Kbps
SNR 25 dB SNR 22.0 dB
CRC 0CRC 0
Attenuation 5.0 dB Attenuation 16.5 dB

Well, u can call the CC, they r helpful at times and yeah u can get hold of a lineman easily, u can find them in nearest tea stalls or some pan shop😛..Just call em up and check the line.

Went to BSNL csc today. Took the nos. of SDE and JTOs.... But since the next 4 days are holidays, I can expect them to resolve the issue only on Monday. :wall: