Frequent Disconnection in Dataone MT800

• Thread starter Thread starter vishav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,555

vishav

ISP
Dataone
Hi,I have BSNL Dataone UL900 plan and am a BSNL dataone customer for the last 2.5 years. My internet was working fine till few weeks ago, and seems like that BSNL has upgraded the account to 2 MBPS.But now I have the strangest problem. My connection gets disconnected every minute or so, and modem establishes connectivity all over again. I am not able to use internet at all, and as usual complaints are falling on deaf ears. I use Huewai MT800 ADSL modem and Netgear Wifi. Dont think anything is wrong with any of them, as they have been on the job for more than 2.5 years now. Any update/ advise/help would be welcome. Its getting frustrating for me now.:madness:Regards,Vishav

Check up the landline connection/s for corrosion. and change the RJ11 cables.Inspect visually the contacts for oxidisation etc. Noise level in the line must have increased.

Well, theoratically yes. But since it doesnt stay connected for even for a minute, I havent been able to down load my emails so far. It shows download speed on my router page as 2048 , however the upload is still 256. The only time I managed to check it with speedtest, it returned a download speed of 360KBPS.So you can imagine my frustration, I have a 2 MB pipe, but cant use it. As a backup, have gone ahead and applied for You Telecom 2 MBPS connection with 4.5 GB limit for 700 INR per month. Its delivered on Cable, and as an early bird offer, no installation charges. Modem is rent free with 2000 Rs refundable deposit. If it works well, bye bye BSNL.Vishav

you are sadly mistaken about 2mbps...you are SYNCED at 2mbps and speedtest is showing you in kilo BITs per second and it usually gives a good result (350kbps on a 256kbps line) to keep people coming back for their tests 🙂

So sorry, you had no patience to reply to suggestions made in the thread here.Even if you have connected Dataone for a minute, it shows nothing wrong with the modem , and may be in your system. If you have connected the modem directly to the computer and checked up, may be we could have got some idea. You could have exchanged the modem with BSNL and tried again.My friend who purchased outright was given a replacement about a month back.Finally wishing smooth sailing on Cable connection and meet you in Cable modem forum. Enjoy !

Actually no essbebe, I had tried most of the things which have been said in the thread, and in other threads before I launched a thread of my own. As I had said I have been having this problem since 3-4 weeks, so all cable, RJ11, ethernet, switchoff, switchon, PPoE Vs Bridged, everthing was already tried before I decided to see if there was something I am missing. The only thing I didnt have patience for was waiting for BSNL guys to come and rectify. While at the same time, my work is suffering, as I partly operate from home, so need a back up. Am continuing with both the connections for a month or two to see which one works bettter, and if BSNL can come back to normal,and then will get one of them disconnected. Thanks for your suggestions though. Appreciate that. Vishal,Maybe yes, but it was showing 256 both for upload and download earlier on my router homepage. So there is a difference. Actually I could feel the diff in the Bandwidth for the little time I am on, before it gets disconnected, and starts the handshake all over again

most likely something is wrong with your phone .check ur phone line for noise.post ur snr details here.

So ashwinkgopal what u did to solve the prob, actually me too having disturbance in my phone line and off lately I m too getting disconnected every 20-30mins of use 🙁

I have asked my freind to borrow his Huwaie Modem for a day to find out if my modem that;s GLB502T has a prob or it's the phone line ??

Its most definitely disturbance in the phone line....and that too very hi frequency noise...well there's little I can do...so I fixed the low pass filter firmly onto one location and see to it that the phone line is away from areas of physical disturbances like movement....I think its helped me a bit...u too try n lemme know

hi,i too started having similar problems, especially after they upgraded the equipment. did this problem occur after BSNL upgraded to their new multiplay system in order to support IPTV? if so, what you can try is to ensure that you are using G.DMT modulation. I am not familiar with the MT800, since I was given a Siemens C2110. There, I had to set the ADSL type to ADSLTwoPlusOnly to ensure that the modulation was G.DMT. This seemed to do the trick. This seemed to have improve the SNR margin which at around 40 DB attentuation needs to be at least 9.5 DB to support a stable sync. Earlier. my SNR Margin was hovering around 6 which they claim is minimum. They check this and since it is the minimum required, they say that the line is fine. But this leaves no margin for error (other equipment causing interference, etc.). Hope this helps! Good luck!🙂

@skumar71 1.General RULE: SNR HIgh > 10 Attenuation LOW say 10 dbless the better 50db and above not acceptable. 2.In your modem try if not done already. Someone reported dramatic improvementafter selecting Bitswap enable.Select the phone line pair below. select inner pair ( no idea about this ) Inner pair Outer pairCapability select bitswap Bitswap Enable SRA EnablePara Two : You have revived the thread ( last post sept 28th). and nobody has posted in this thread from Trivandrum.( where you say the servers have been upgraded. Or is it All over India ?)Please mark @lkjhj etc if you give solution/query/suggestions to any particular person .@skumar71

Hi,
I have BSNL Dataone UL900 plan and am a BSNL dataone customer for the last 2.5 years. My internet was working fine till few weeks ago, and seems like that BSNL has upgraded the account to 2 MBPS.
But now I have the strangest problem. My connection gets disconnected every minute or so, and modem establishes connectivity all over again. I am not able to use internet at all, and as usual complaints are falling on deaf ears.
I use Huewai MT800 ADSL modem and Netgear Wifi. Dont think anything is wrong with any of them, as they have been on the job for more than 2.5 years now.
Any update/ advise/help would be welcome. Its getting frustrating for me now.:madness:

Regards,
Vishav
If you are using Windows xp please check if your windows firewall is set on.Disable your windows firewall and see the result.