Frequent Disconnect/s using Airtel broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter acmeablaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 2,736

acmeablaze

ISP
Aitel India
Hey ,I am a first time poster here (been referred to by a friend after i moved to India) , recently I have been experiencing a strange problem with my current ISP (airtel broadband).Currently I'm on a 1MB unlimited plan and i am experiencing random disconnects during nights and/or on heavy bandwidth applications (i play world of warcraft -eu servers) , now the connection drops off (i.e. ADSL lights blinks for a few seconds and settles followed by the data light also lit steady)I did search the forum for similar posts , and did some basic trouble shooting myself , here are few things i tried Modem : 110TC1(provided by airtel)Connection : 1Mbps(unlimited)Operating System : Windows 7(32 bit)1) Updated Windows(clean install), all drivers, Any addition software(inc anti virus/firewall)2) Checked all physical connections from the computer to the primary connection replaced RJ11 cables, filters, Ethernet cable). 3) Tested with a beetel 220BX(kept on for 24 hours) (again provided by airtel) with the same resuts as the 110TC1.4)Currently 1 fixed land line phone is connected(via a micro filter) , i have tested with both a new phone and new filtersA couple of things i must mention , I've had the connection for quite a few months now without any issues (both general and gaming) as of 5-6 weeks ago i started getting random d/c's at night ,I had assumed it to software related (AS i had not experienced anything similar before)When the disconnects happened i logged my router to check the SNR and error logs to find more to the issue, I noticed that my snr drops to 9-16 (usually around 30-ish during the day).An audible crackling sound on the phone when the disconnects happen(both before and after line change)Unusually high CRC errors , thousands within a few minutes(again during nights when disconnects happen).An odd "PPP INVALID PASSWORD" (again i have saved the correct username/pass on the modem) and proceeds to "Connected" and work (without me taking any action whatsoever)Now the strangest part is that as magic the problem completely seems to disappear (Along with any notable traces such as high CRC etc,random dropouts) at around 8-9 A.M. the issue itself starting to again manifest itself at 10-11 P.M ever night.Now after several phone calls/house visits from Airtel later1) The tech guy that cam to fix has no idea of the settings of much of anything really(unable to even configure the router), So he does the next best thing and calls in for a line change/router change etc all to no avail2) The line is replaced (the drop wire to my house) , problem persists.3) Airtel mention their line test(performed during the day) shows no fault with good copper gain etc, they also mention cant/ don't have equipment to run a 24 hour line test to check for errors and as the problem seems to happen only during the night.4) Requested a change in my DSLAM ports(again most of them had no idea how to and started to argue that all 24 people would face issues were it the DSLAM completely oblivious to the fact the individual bridge could be faulty) which they claim they have done.Now Based on all my experiences so far the only possible things i can think of are EM interference - power lines and/some heavy machinery(i live in a fairly residential area)I'm nothing short of dumbfound and really hope any of you nice folk would be able to provide me with any help .Any/all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.