frequent disconection till 40min from switching ADSL.

• Thread starter Thread starter jackrabbit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,604

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
ISP
BSNL
for me...there are frequent disconnection happening in the line..after around 8 - 10mins of browsing ADSL light blinks...even if I don't switch on the computer and only the ADSL router is on...the disconnection happens....:madness: and during the blinking i can hear some noise alongwith the dial-tone if i hear from the phone but when the ADSL is steady, the phone line is very clear...any solutions guys?:redface: is this issue being faced by many in Chennai..or any particular are...

get 1 splitter for each parallel line that u have and use.

hi amish,thanx a lot for ur valuable reply....so can i infer from your reply that, someone else is tapping my phone line to use the internet😡 ...inspitye of the fact that i don't have any parallel connection in my house....can i find it out someway?

r u using splitter? if u r using splitter than u shudnt be getting the noise when ADSL light blinks. ur tel line shud be going to splitter and ur phone and ADSL modem both shud be attached to splitter.

thx for ur prompt reply amish, im using a splitter...but the problem still continues:wall: ..and now i get a double whammy...uTorrent doesn't download anything(all torrents both upload and download become red)...my speed varies from 150 kbps to 1.50 Mbps(i am on 256kbps UL Plan😕 ).....maybe due to this fluctuation the browsing speed becomes slow...I use ADSL Router UT-300R2U in bridge mode, and I have a Netgear WGR614 v6 connected to it. The torrent port is opened in the router. I have bee using this setup from past 4 months. But recently from past 5 to 6 days I am facing all these issue....guys on the forum, any ideas dude to pep-up uTorrent?😗

if u r using splitter b4 telephone. u shud not hear noise when ADSL light blinks. may be splitter problem? goto ur exchange and get engineer with u to check it.

I too have the same problem Jackrabbit. I am from hyderabad and facing the same problem for 5 days. Have contacted the BSNL people and they came and checked the phone line and say that the phone line is clear and they dont know about internet. Please help me, if ur problem has been resolved.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.Thanks in advance.

for me...there are frequent disconnection happening in the line..after around 8 - 10mins of browsing ADSL light blinks...even if I don't switch on the computer and only the ADSL router is on...the disconnection happens....:madness:
and during the blinking i can hear some noise alongwith the dial-tone if i hear from the phone but when the ADSL is steady, the phone line is very clear...any solutions guys?:redface: is this issue being faced by many in Chennai..or any particular are...

check your CRC values SNR an attenuation ,all these values can be ssen from modem itself and recheck your line and remember no connection before the splitter ...follow as tel. mainline ---> splitter --->> modem and phone or other device from there respective ports..

i'm having similar problem in some part of day,for past few days, i guess it was some problem in my exchange,because it was raining all these days,rains do effect phone linesfor my surprise,my phone line was dead for a 2 hrs, two days back,but still net is there,but very slow,with frequent disconnections,at that time it was heavily raining

Well...I knew once the rains arrive...BSNL will become pathetic...They will have every good reason of being lethargic. Every good reason of not rectifying problems, rather DOCKET No(As BSNL says).So I uprooted, the mother af all probs. I discarded BSNL and switched to Airtel.

it rains a lot in mumbai (today too much) but this is 2nd monsoon and my MTNL tel and triband has never gone down because of rain. so I think even BSNL shud not except in some rare cases.