Free Tool To Know Dataone Bandwidth Usage

• Thread starter Thread starter shaplus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 32,157
Hi, Have you considered about the following downloads in your software ?Downloadsthat start at 1.55 am and finish at 7.55 am.that start at 2.05 am and finish at 8.05 am.that start at 1.55 am and finish at 8.05 am.If you have taken this senario into consideration when developing your software, then have you included or excluded these into the 1 GB limit ?Thank you.

Have you considered about the following downloads in your software ?
Downloads
that start at 1.55 am and finish at 7.55 am.
that start at 2.05 am and finish at 8.05 am.
that start at 1.55 am and finish at 8.05 am.[/b]
These records are considered as mixed usage records. Other 2 types being free usage and non free usage. There is an option to exclude mixed usage records from total calculation.

Why the hell u people want sourcecode .. are u paying anything for this prog or what??? And if u know even a bit of firewall u must be able to know what connections a program makes and to what ip's ..You people have no write to ask for sourcecode its completely choice of programmer to give out code...Though its ur choice to use the prog or not ... Putting your lame views about ur password going out is just pure stupidity .. No one asked why supersify asks password and it wasnt open source ... If u dont like prog u say it once and just forget thread instead of putting lame views without any proof that progs connect to any outside ip's . If this is the condition why the hell people should write free softwares

umm...i think the router / modem needs to be physically rebooted to relogin which isn't very difficult if the router has support for CRON jobs or if it can be rebooted through a software command...

umm...i think the router / modem needs to be physically rebooted to relogin which isn't very difficult if the router has support for CRON jobs or if it can be rebooted through a software command... [/b]
Max, did you post this in wrong thread ?

no i didn't. I thought the above poster wanted to know how to relogin at those times. Anyway, why don't you just release the software's source code under GNU GPL so that you can lay all the suspicions to rest?

The url for checking usage is redirecting to bsnl portal. Therefore, I am unable to check my usage neither thru my browser nor thru the tool provided here.Is it happening to me only, or others are experiencing this prob as well ?Kindly suggest how can I check my usage using my browser. What is the URL.Thanks in advance. 🙂

The url for checking usage is redirecting to bsnl portal. Therefore, I am unable to check my usage neither thru my browser nor thru the tool provided here.[/b]
Usually http://www.sancharnet.in/dataoneredirect.htm gets redirected to different login urls depending on the region you are using dataone connection. For few weeks, this is not working and is getting redirected to bsnl.co.in. For me in kerala, I used to get redirected to http://10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp . So I am using this for checking usage. I am not sure if this will work for any region or why they use different URL's for different regions.

Originally posted by power@Oct 25 2005, 11:01 PM
Why the hell u people want sourcecode .. are u paying anything for this prog or what??? And if u know even a bit of firewall u must be able to know what connections a program makes and to what ip's ..You people have no write to ask for sourcecode its completely choice of programmer to give out code...Though its ur choice to use the prog or not ... Putting your lame views about ur password going out is just pure stupidity .. No one asked why supersify asks password and it wasnt open source ... If u dont like prog u say it once  and just forget thread instead of putting lame views without any proof that progs connect to any outside ip's . If this is the condition why the hell people should write free softwares

I have been using DU meter for quite some time now and the results shown by DU meter vary a lot (sometimes greatly arnd 200MB if downloads are huge) from those shown on BSNL usage.

shaplus: can you clarify one thing; how do you get the usage between 2-8am? I was checking my august usage on bsnl and it shows 16-aug.11:30pm-17aug.4.38am- 344MB. There is no breakup per hour. I know that this d/l was done from 2am-4.38am but its not shown. If this breakup is available, where is it on the site?

shaplus: can you clarify one thing; how do you get the usage between 2-8am? I was checking my august usage on bsnl and it shows 16-aug.11:30pm-17aug.4.38am- 344MB. There is no breakup per hour. I know that this d/l was done from 2am-4.38am but its not shown. If this breakup is available, where is it on the site?[/b]
You have to restart the internet connection before freetime usage to have the freetime usage logged seperately. If you use the modem to dial the connection, then you may have to restart the modem to create a new log entry. btw, my software only uses the log displayed in BSNL site itself. Entries overlapping free and non free times are considered as Mixed usage and there is an option in the software to exclude/include it from total calculation.

Saw this DataOne Billing Software, which is free and open source:

http://dobs.sourceforge.net

For windows and linux...

Saw it on atulchitnis.net 🙂

safer than using some closed software which you dont know what the heck trojans it will install !

ps: sorry if this was already posted but i just saw this and im going to try it myself ASAP, but never this shaplus tool