Free Tool To Know Dataone Bandwidth Usage

• Thread starter Thread starter shaplus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 32,140
Hello, There was a small bug in calculating Mixed usage time. I have corrected this and updated the zip. Report me if you find any bugs thanks and regards, ShaPlus

Originally posted by shaplus@Sep 2 2005, 11:01 AM
Hello,

Report me if you find any bugs

thanks and regards,
ShaPlus
[snapback]23887[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay When I select Mixed usage (Exclude other two) it was show etntries starting from 23:54:57 to 00:27:08

Was that the bug you have fixed.

Okay When I select Mixed usage (Exclude other two) it was show etntries starting from 23:54:57 to 00:27:08
[/b]

Yes, can you download and try the new version released on 2nd sep. Previously, if the date of the start time and end time differed, it was considering as mixed usage. Now it is fixed.

Hello,

I have added the following features to the Bandwidth usage finder.

Latest version can be downloaded from www.shaplus.com/dataone/

New Features in this version
- Option to retrieve only newer records. Saves lot of bandwidth if you check usage often and your log runs into many pages.
- Daily total display
- Reports can now be saved
- Added a Nonpassword version for those who are not willing to enter the password into this tool

Thanks for all feedback.
regards,
Shafeek

@ shaplus : I downloaded this util. But, after entering the details, when i press the button "Check Bandwidth Use" . . . . . nothing happens. I Use Win XP Prof and have Mozilla FF and IE6. Default browser is Firefox.P.S. : Using the "Password Version" option.

does the non-password option work for anyone?! hehe , im interested to know if it works or this is another ploy to make the unsuspecting victims feel comfortable before entering their passwords so the "tool" can send it to the crooksdon't mind me, i'm just paranoid, kthx

@ shaplus : I downloaded this util. But, after entering the details, when i press the button "Check Bandwidth Use" . . . . . nothing happens. I Use Win XP Prof and have Mozilla FF and IE6. Default browser is Firefox.

P.S. : Using the "Password Version" option.[/b]
Is the non password version working fine for you ? Also, don't use @dataone in user id.

You never know, the "non password" version might be just searching your browser cache and cookies to steal your username and password 😛Of course, it then works by using your username/password, then it also works for the other guys who get your username/password, then they can use your connection to browse, then you get a huge bill, then you complain to the ISP, then they laff at you, then..... oh forget it

Originally posted by Raptor@Oct 20 2005, 07:08 AM
Nice software shaplus. Works fine for me
[snapback]29022[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi shaplus,

Nice software shaplus.It's fine.But non-password version is not working.System just simply not responding .If i click on the button beck for the usage more than one time as many number of processes are creating and suppose if i want to kill the processes by entering into taskmanager processes they are not killed if i want to kill any process i have to restart my system.Password versio is working very fine.But i am afraid of password stealing.So please respond to my reply.

Thank u.

Pardon me folks, but this thing i do not seem to understand. How can such software work?I believe that for such software to work, 1. I have to enter my username and password on some "form" other than the bsnl portal form, from which this info could be directed to the bsnl portal for a "background login" like in a mail clientOR 2. The said software obtains my username and pw from my hard-drive or memory directly without asking meOR3. BSNl should be offering some special (undocumented) service wherein it provides everybody's service records openly without any need for a formal login. My doubts are based on this simple reasoning.. ... If my username and pw are private information, how could anyone else know it without me telling them?

@oldTimer , @padmavathi : I will explain you why the non-password version do not require password or how to use the non-password version. Before opening this software, you have to open Internet explorer and go to dataone admin site and login using your username and password. Then you have to navigate to the first log page of the month for which usage is to be checked. Leaving that IE window as it is, now you open the tool I have created, select "non password" tab and click "Check Bandwidth usage", So my tool is just retrieving data from the open Internet explorer, by navigating through all pages. Non-password version will work only for Internet Explorer.

ok thats cool.. that explains it.. but if you have to open the page, then all the info is already there for u to see.. maybe u r offering different statistics, i dont know.. i must admit i have not used ur tool..

ok thats cool.. that explains it..
but if you have to open the page, then all the info is already there for u to see.. maybe u r offering different statistics, i dont know.. i must admit i have not used ur tool..[/b]
That is correct, This tool shows free and non-free bandwidth usage total for the month. If you are not using at free time or your dataone scheme do not have free time(2am to 8am) then I think this tool is not useful because dataone has already started giving monthly usage total. This tool can show the daily total usage which is not available at dateone site.