Free PC-to-PC calls!!! does it cost you a fortune?

• Thread starter Thread starter chashti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,065

chashti

ISP
air
Hi
i just wanted to know if the call other people computer in any messengers like Yahoo is independent of phone billing or it costs a fortune?

although the link Free Phone Calls - Yahoo! Messenger
says it is free. Refer
Free worldwide PC-to-PC calls*

* indicates some condition.

at the end it reads like this:

PC-to-PC calling between Yahoo! Messenger customers is free. Check with your internet service provider regarding any fees you will be charged to access the internet.

As i got unlimited plan i think it won't charge any thing.

please clarify on it.

I am yet to be billed for my new connection so I asking this question.

the plan i am using is 750 rs for
256 kbps unlimited internet ,50 free local land line calls per month ( don't know if free calls includes mobiles also😕 )
My download speed is at constant at around 30-33 kbps day or night makes no differences. is it like the way this plan works for download? I have Norton internet Security active all the time.

too many question right?

PC-to-PC calling between Yahoo! Messenger customers is free. Check with your internet service provider regarding any fees you will be charged to access the internet.

the condition given above indicates that, only the data transfer will be charged by the service provider.. in ur case, it is unlimited, so no need to worry about it...

i am using airtel only, during night times, i ve unlimited download option. so i use to call my friends using yahoo or gtalk.

My download speed is at constant at around 30-33 kbps day or night makes no differences. is it like the way this plan works for download? I have Norton internet Security active all the time.Oh thats nice but what about my download speed?

yah for 256 kbps, u get a download speed of 30 to 35 ... no matter whether day or night... thats how it works...

yah for 256 kbps, u get a download speed of 30 to 35 ... no matter whether day or night... thats how it works...

Ok thanks for the replies,

but i am not satisfied with this as i wanted good download speed at night around 50 -60 kbps.

any suggestions( plans) keeping in view my budget of about 750 rs / month?

How does `download speed' fit in with the topic which is `Free PC-to-PC calls'? 😕

@papu - because calling cost, over internet is billed according to DATA transfered and quality of conversation very much depends on SPEED of ur connection...

In that case 256kbps is more than sufficient for excellent duplex pc-to-pc talk with even bandwidth hogs like `skype' & `gchat'. To be more theoretical, a 256kbps connection will allow you to download/upload @ 1.5mb/0.4mb whereas a good chat client will consume approx .8mb per minute 🙂