• Thread starter Thread starter asifnasar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,045

asifnasar

Regular
ISP
tikona
Become a fan of mcafee on facebook and get their anti virus free of cost with 6 months subscribtion.

:redface: wrong position for the thread

mcafee is actually offering a 6 months trial to every member of facebook. i had suggest staying with microsoft security essentials.

i had suggest staying with microsoft security essentials.
hws this microsoft essentials?? memory usage, virus detection, removal of virus from pen drive??? comparing with eset nod 32

works fine for me.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

now i don't usually deal with malware so i am not sure. but i have not faced any problems with it.

Me too is using MSE for quite sometime. It works fine. Only glitch is Auto-update. Remember to update manually at least one time in a day.

mmm it does auto updates. not as frequently as let's say AVG. but it does work fine. once in a while i get the Windows Update message for the updates. but overall, it's not that big of a deal. if you hate updates... get panda cloud antivirus. 😀

Hey i think this is the same one i checked quiet sometime ago, you need to enter the credit card information while subscribing for the 6 months free trial - if you cancel the subscription later you are not charged otherwise it automatically renews was the TOS. Not sure if it is any different now

no such info required for this one.

Hmmm...good to know. my norton expires in about 100 days. let me see if i can download mcafee now & use later....

if you hate updates... get panda cloud antivirus.

Or even Hitman Pro - one of the best i've seen out there & it's FREE !
But as i read somewhere these are mostly 'second opinion scanners'