free hours

padmavathi

Newbie
[OP]
Sep 20, 2005
23
0
hi friends, My name is Padmavathi.I got a doubt that whether bsnl broadband is providing free downloads from 2:00 to 8:00.I dont want to rely on bsnl customer care.Because they are telling different answers when i call different times.So anyone please tell me is it true that we can download unlimited amount from 2:00 to 8:00.and i have another doubt that what is the case if i download from 2:00 to 8:05 .
 

dxer

Sleepwalker
Regulars
May 14, 2005
86
1
Be online from 230 to 730. That is the safest bet. Login at 230 and logout at 730. 73s de dxer
 

puja399

Regular
Regulars
Feb 19, 2005
161
0
Originally posted by padmavathi@Sep 20 2005, 04:09 PM
hi friends,

      My name is Padmavathi.I got a doubt that whether bsnl broadband is providing free downloads from 2:00 to 8:00.I dont want to rely on bsnl customer care.Because they are telling different answers when i call different times.So anyone please tell me is it true that we can download unlimited amount from 2:00 to 8:00.and i have another doubt that what is the case if i download from 2:00 to 8:05 .
[snapback]25770[/snapback]
[/quote]
Night unlimited (2 am to 8 am) offer rom BSNL has been published by their websites, at both regional and national level, in popular dailies and news articles. Now its not possible for them to back out and denying the offer especially when almost all the Dataone users have started to enjoy the NU offer since 16th Aug. Even if they manage to do it, 99% of the dataone users will be slapped with skyhigh b'band bill and the user base of Dataone would be lost, not to mention about adverse legal consequences. Hence I seriously doubt that it will happen even remotely.

Furthermore, I personally visited the D.E.(Broadband) at Kolkata, and he reassured that the backend of the dataone billing system is running OK although it may bot be evident from the usage history available to the cusomers from the weblogin page, but that is because of the faulty software made by a third-party IT company, which will be rectified shortly.

I asked him as to how BSNL is going to treat the downloads if an user logs in at say, 1:50 am and stops at say, 8:10 am. He said that BSNL is equipped with a system that can determine traffic movement made by the user between 2 am and 8 am, and will adjust the billing accordingly. However, he said that there is no official document regarding this.

I personally download huge data during NU period, by loogin in at 2:10am and logging out at 7:50 am, ( with automated scheduler software, of course), and the dataone usage details from the BSNL's page (not the Dataone weblogin page) shows that my august usage is well below 1 GB, I think that proves that NU usages are not billed by BSNL.
 


sdh

Newbie
Sep 8, 2005
24
0
Originally posted by puja399@Sep 21 2005, 11:29 AM
I personally download huge data during NU period, by loogin in at 2:10am and logging out at 7:50 am, ( with automated scheduler software, of course), and the dataone usage details from the BSNL's page (not the Dataone weblogin page) shows that my august usage is well below 1 GB, I think that proves that NU usages are not billed by BSNL.
[snapback]25810[/snapback]
[/quote]

which software do you use to schedule downloads?
 

Bluegene

Regular
Regulars
Aug 31, 2005
122
0
Originally posted by puja399@Sep 21 2005, 11:29 AM
and the dataone usage details from the BSNL's page (not the Dataone weblogin page) shows that my august usage is well below 1 GB, I think that proves that NU usages are not billed by BSNL.
[snapback]25810[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey..where is this page that you are talking about..
dataone usage details from the BSNL's page

Do tell us..

Sandy
 


puja399

Regular
Regulars
Feb 19, 2005
161
0
Originally posted by sdh@Sep 22 2005, 04:03 AM
which software do you use to schedule downloads?
[snapback]25889[/snapback]
[/quote]

Automate 6 Enterprise Edition.
 

puja399

Regular
Regulars
Feb 19, 2005
161
0
Originally posted by Bluegene@Sep 22 2005, 08:19 AM
Hey..where is this page that you are talking about..
dataone usage details from the BSNL's page

Do tell us..

Sandy
[snapback]25931[/snapback]
[/quote]
Its www.calcuttatelephones.com for me. It gives details of metered calls for BFones, Internet call details (dialup), BSNL Mobile details, all billing details and now Dataone usage details. To know the address of your regional website, ask your local BSNL office.
 

Argus

Regular
Regulars
Sep 23, 2005
103
0
Jaipur
Is the Night-Unlimited feature available for Business-700 plan as well. Please clarify. If not, i'll have to go for a plan change (will change to Home-500).
 

Similar threads