Free BSNL Connection for 2 Months

• Thread starter Thread starter Bluegene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,657
Then try MTNL ..but i dont think they have any such kind of offer

MTNL hai to sahi nahin hai 😛

try MTNL and get into another row with them? I've had enough of MTNL. It was a HUGE hassle to convert my prepaid to postpaid GSM connection 😕

Just fully read the title of this topic>Free BSNL Connection for 2 Months, Trial SchemeIt's a Trial "schame" allright 😀

Enjoy? that 400mb limit takes out all the enjoyment. Its good only for chatting and surfing. No downloads at all. I only tried few speed tests and 40 mb Ran away in one hour. 😉

Originally posted by Bluegene@Dec 6 2005, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Many of you must be already knowing that BSNL had launched a free trial scheme for bb connection for 2 months a few weeks back.
They are not charging anything.
No Monthly Rental
No Registration Charges
No Installation Charges

Just wanted to know, has anybody tried that...? what speeds are they giving..?and are there any formalities..?
[snapback]34527[/snapback]
[/quote]
------------------------
I am trying these days ,they charged Rs 350/- and no other charges.speed is 100.0Mbps ,no formalities.

Originally posted by arjeria@Dec 13 2005, 10:34 PM
Enjoy? that 400mb limit takes out all the enjoyment. Its good only for chatting and surfing. No downloads at all. I only tried few speed tests and 40 mb Ran away in one hour. 😉
[snapback]35641[/snapback]
[/quote]
But if its free as they claim it is, then you need not pay anything even for the extra downloads! 😀

Originally posted by drkcpant@Dec 16 2005, 10:25 PM
------------------------
I am trying these days ,they charged Rs 350/- and no other charges.speed is 100.0Mbps ,no formalities.
[snapback]36096[/snapback]
[/quote]

100 mbps!!! :blink:

not even Scandinavia gets that! :lol:

>>But if its free as they claim it is, then you need not pay anything even for the extra downloads! Careful max, he'll end up with a massive bill because it's Rs.2 per MB.

QUOTE(drkcpant @ Dec 16 2005, 10:25 PM)
------------------------

100 mbps!!!

not even Scandinavia gets that!

Surprise Surprise .......Scandanavia does offer 100 mbps connection....called 1 Gbps connection. not only does scandanavia offer them, but others do so to ....even in countries like poland, in moscow (Russia), japan, s korea, hong kong, italy etc. france and uk are in the process of getting it and pretty soon all of europe will have it....thanks to fiber optics. we were also promised the sky when all the cities were dug up and fiber optic cables laid. well i guess somethings really change slowly in india.

It seems all too farfetched ' cause we are begging for 512 kbps connections currently!

Sweden, Norway, Japan, Korea already have 100Mbps connections at dirt cheap prices with no stupid policies like our great ISPs. Infact Hong Kong and several others already have started giving out 1Gbps connections while VSNL has a 1Gbps backbone for entire of Mumbai's population. Embarrasing, isn't it? 😛

Originally posted by max@Dec 10 2005, 09:53 PM
anybody got any more details?
[snapback]35165[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes. I am using the FREE offer (My ID was activated 0n 3/12/05 and I got the line connected on 7/12/05) for 2 months. I wont be charged anything for 2 months ie.. no Registration, no Installation, no Rentals upto 400 MB dnld/upld, no Modem rentals. I will be charged for excess dnld/upld beyond 400 MB @Rs1.4/MB. After 2 months if I am satisfied with the service then they will regularise the connection.

But, most important thing is that I was connected with a new 5 pair Copper cable out of which only 1 pair is connected to by phone line (the rest are spare). I was given a brand new Smatex M882 Modem.