• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,980

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
The Cocaine industry is worth billions of dollars a year to the drug cartels who spread their evil seed across Western society. Its usage causes incalculable misery, poverty and death. Slowly, gradually, inexorably it is spreading...it is a blight which must be stopped. One man, Paul Devereaux, intellectual, dedicated, utterly ruthless and ex-CIA special ops, is given what seems like an impossible task. At his disposal, anything he wants - men, resources, money. He will not stop until he has completed his mission. Up to now the drug trade has been used to world governments attempting to prevent them plying their trade. But up to now, those governments have played by the rules. That is about to change. The rules no longer apply... and a dirty war is about to get a whole lot dirtier...
The Cobra (Paperback) by Frederick Forsyth

Decent crime/thriller novel. not very long. well paced. keeps you engrossed throughout.
http://www.amazon.in/The-Cobra-Frederick-Forsyth/dp/0552162604/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=indibroaforu-21&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=0552162604

I've read his book "the negotiator" and pleasantly surprised that it was good 🙂 And wiki says "the negotiator" released on 1989

And this man's best IMO is The Day of The Jackal. I heard it was made into a film, but I have only read the book and really liked the way he follows the lead character through the plot.

And this man's best IMO is The Day of The Jackal. I heard it was made into a film, but I have only read the book and really liked the way he follows the lead character through the plot.
Will check it out 🙂

I've read his book "the negotiator" and pleasantly surprised that it was good 🙂

And wiki says "the negotiator" released on 1989

You should read any and all of his books that you can find. I have read almost all his books like

1. The Odessa File
2. The Day of the jackal
3. The fourth Protocol
4. The Devils Alternative
5. The Dogs of War
6. The Fist of God
7. The Negotiator

IMHO he is one of the best authors ever. The research he puts into his books, the detailing of places, events, arms and ammunition is extraordinary. He has devoted 2 pages to the description of the customised rifle that the Jackal uses to try and assassinate the President of France!!! I am his fan, really.

Do watch the film if you get the chance. It is good. Though as it happens with all books that are made into films the detailing in the book doesnt come across in the film constrained as it is for time. But still it is worth a watch.

completed the day of the jackal . .cant say am impressed 😕 the assassin should have been able to complete the job given to him . .not die at the end