Fraud on MTNL TriBand

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Till today evening I had somthin around 322 MB's left 4 the month. After tht, did a lil surfing for half an hour, no downloads at all. Later checked the left MB's and all of a sudden it showed 264 MB's left. Tht is, 58 MB of data downloaded in the last session. This is not possible. Don't know wht to do? :angry: Do write if any one of u also got this mysterious figure in today's evening slot?

not relevent to this post... but you know you would help spread the cause by using a better title post. fraud helps no body. not even google. getting my point?

Hey noticed sumthin really strange...........for the last half an hour my system was off but modem was ON and again it downloaded another 22 MB. Wht can be it? Can it be the P2P software??Confused 🤔

First of all remove the plug from Modem when you dont use it. Another thing change your password once again as soon as possible. If some one knows it then any one can access your net.

When dont use internet shut down Router manually ...n remove phone line connection too ..............here in mumbai eva i faced diz kind of prblem ....whn i don use i remove un-plugged both my router connection n phone line connection...

Found out the cause of it. But still do not know the reason why it is happening. Actually, whenever I am surfing the net and Shareaza (a Torrent client) is open the extra MB's tht I am referring get counted. Today morning did some R&D, browsed the web normally without opening Shareaza, everthin went fine. Ended the session and in the next session browsed the web with Shareaza open and it counted abt. 27MB in 3mins. Yes, one thing whenever I open Shareaza I usually search 4 certain file or songs thru it. Remember, only search no download. But, I really don't think it should take 20MB - 30MB in 3 mins for the same.Also, edited some settings of Shareaza yesterday, like adding Gnutella1 and increasing the download and upload limit. Can this be the reason?Meanwhile have uninstalled Shareaza......Still Confused 🤔

Does anyone of you know the reason why it is happening? Only searching thru Shareaza is counting approx. 27MB - 28MB. I was not downloading any file, only searching some songs. 🤔

try disconnecting shareaza from the network...coz when somebody searches up ur shared files ...it could be taking up some bandwidth....but 30MB in 3 mins is ridiculous...coz its lke 10MB per min!!!!!.....that cant be right......... :huh:

From the point I have uninstalled Shareaza things r working fine.....fingers crossed. No extra MB's added..........till now seems Shareaza was the culprit...... 🤔 But still......really confused, tht how only searching thru Shareaza is getting upto 27MB - 28MB in 3mins. 🤔

Guys have tested and did some more R & D this morning. Conclusion: If you will just keep the torrent software open, its OK. However, if you start searching for a file on the network (only search, no download), it is going to consume high bandwidth (Data in MB's). Atleast holds true 4 my case. It wud be nice if any of the NU guys can test it n confirm the same. Just open ur torrent software n search 4 a general file (example: write "test" in the search box) tht will give max. results. Remember, only search for the file, no download and search for a common name. Do it for only 2 to 3 mins. Thnx 😛