• Thread starter Thread starter witguru
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,662

witguru

BBF Fan
ISP
Act Fibernet
My connection was converted from postpaid to prepaid on 24th July.
And my billing cycle is from 26-26th
The total outstanding Rs. 1118.61 was to be refunded back to me.

And this is the mail I have received today.

Sent from RediffmailNG on Android

Sent: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:14:12 GMT+0530
To: @rediffmail.com
Subject: E-Bill for Jio Number 79xxxxx400

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Jio.

Please find attached your 01-SEP-18 e-bill for Jio Number 79xxxxx400.

Bill summary:
Previous balance: Rs. -1118.61
Payment received: Rs. 0
Current charges: Rs. 194.74
Total amount due: Rs. -888.81
Payment due date: 18-SEP-2018
Bill Period: 26-JUL-2018 to 25-AUG-2018

Your e-bill is password protected. Your 8-character password is a combination of the first four letters of connection holder's name in and last 4 digits of your Jio number. For example, if this connection is in the name of RAVI SHANKAR and your Jio number 7XXXXX2345, then the password to view your eBill would be ravi2345.

To view your bill, click www.jio.com/MyAccount

For any queries or support, please call us on 199 from your Jio Number or on 1800-88-99999 from any number. You can also write to us at care@jio.com.

Thank you,
Team Jio

Well, You really thought that they would refund, This guys will make your shoes go rugged and even after that there's no guarantee of refund.

I assume they would issue you a cheque? It should come in a few weeks I assume. At least that's how Vodafone and Reliance Communications processed my refunds.

@Sushubh Even I had 800Rs pending as airtel security deposit but other than -868Rs on bill I haven't got anything from them. Do I need to put request to get refund ? as I never got refund automatically.

No experience with airtel. But have received refunds for Reliance Broadband, Vodafone Postpaid. BSNL too but only after complaining through pgportal.

No more hopes on jio.
Somebody should take them to court.

Sent: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:40:28 GMT+0530
To: gurunandana@rediffmail.com
Subject: Re: Fraudsters - cheating by jio

Dear Gurunandana,

I understand your concern regarding your Postpaid bill.

I am unable to view the details of your Postpaid account due to conversion from Postpaid to prepaid.

Security deposit paid at the time of opting for a Postpaid plan or paid at the time of changing the Postpaid Plan is refundable

It will be adjusted against the outstanding or paid out in form of a cheque/e-refund at the time of number cancellation or migrating from Postpaid to Prepaid

It may take up to 60 days from the date of disconnection, for the customer to receive the refund cheque/e-refund

Following rules will apply for refund:

If a Paid plan is attached and the customer has paid the first Postpaid bill, the security deposit will be refunded after applicable adjustments

If the customer is on a promotional plan/free plan, during the offer period, wherein No bill has been generated, and the customer opts for disconnection, then the paid Security Deposit will be forfeited (No Refund applicable)

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

For any further queries, please write to us at care@jio.com

Thank You

Altaf Surya

Team Jio

Well, You really thought that they would refund, This guys will make your shoes go rugged and even after that there's no guarantee of refund.

Yes I did think as I have received refunds correctly from Airtel and Vodafone.
Yes Vodafone was a little mess. But Airtel did a bank transfer on request instead of refund by cheque.

I assume they would issue you a cheque? It should come in a few weeks I assume. At least that's how Vodafone and Reliance Communications processed my refunds.

Yes sir,
Refunds are processed by cheque mostly unless requested.
The cheque reaches us by post.
Also the worst part is they give the disconnected number as contact number.
I really don't know if this is done on purpose or some foolish system.
I had disconnected my Vodafone number.
And courier executive went back once as the door was locked and as number was disconnected he was getting number not valid when called.